This live event has finished
- In addition to the chaos being caused by Park End Street's closure, now Walton Street's southbound lane is to close at its southern end from 4pm because of the hole that has opened up
Don't miss today's Oxford Mail for these and many more top stories...
- (Limited) Good news on the roads. The A34 northbound is reported to be easing. The approaches to Hinksey Hill are better, as is the northbound approach to the Botley interchange. However southbound on to Botley is still congested.
The A420 is still heavy towards the city.
Botley and Abingdon roads are still close to a standstill, as are the central city routes.
- Traffic is queueing northbound on the A34 all the way back to Abingdon North. Awaiting confirmation it is due to the Park End Street road closures but traffic frees up after Hinksey Hill so it would appear likely. Delays at St Giles also down to these roadworks
- Update: The closure of Park End Street causing many problems now. Reports of snarled traffic on the A34 southbound at Hinksey Hill and Botley junctions, Abingdon Road and Botley Road into the city are jammed, Beaumont St similar, the A420 and Eynsham Road also seeing delays.
- This is an image of the coach on fire on the M40 this morning, taken by reader Oliver Jobson. The M40 was closed both ways and there are still delays.