FRESH flood alerts have been issued today for a number of Oxfordshire brooks, with heavy rain again raising water levels.
The alerts apply to the following:
- Langford and Wendlebury Brooks and their tributaries from Stratton Audley to the M40 near Merton, including Bicester and Wendlebury
- Clanfield Brook at Clanfield
- Shill Brook at Bampton
- Sor Brook and Bloxham Brook and their tributaries from Horley and Bloxham to Adderbury.
Flood alerts also remain in force on the following rivers and brooks in Oxfordshire:
- River Cherwell from Charwelton to Oxford, including Cropredy, Banbury, Kings Sutton, Lower Heyford, Enslow and Thrupp
- River Cole along the county boundary with Wiltshire from Shrivenham to Coleshill and Buscot Wick
- River Evenlode from Moreton-in-Marsh to Cassington, inlcuding the Wychwoods and Charlbury
- River Glyme at Wootton and Woodstock
- River Leach, including Little Faringdon
- River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon, including Stanford in the Vale and Charney Bassett
- River Ray and its tributaries from Shipton Lee to Islip, including Ludgershall, Blackthorn and Murcott
- River Thame, from Marsworth to Dorchester, including Thame, Waterperry, Cuddesdon, Wheatley and Drayton St Leonard
- River Thames and its tributaries throughout Oxfordshire, including Oxford, Abingdon and Wallingford
- River Windrush, from Bourton-on-the Water to Newbridge, including Burford, Asthall, Minster Lovell, Crawley, Witney, Ducklington, Rack End and Standlake
- Chalgrove Brook at Chalgrove and Stadhampton
- Ginge Brook, from Steventon to Sutton Courtenay
- Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney.
A flood alert is the lowest on the Environment Agency's three-stage flood warnings scale, meaning householders and businesses should take precautions.
For the latest information on flood alerts, see environment-agency.gov.uk or call the Floodline on 0845 988 1188
- Due to flooding problems between Chippenham and Swindon, First Great Western is running a reduced train service between London and Bristol via Didcot Parkway this evening. Passengers are advised to check their train is running before setting out to the station. See FGW's JourneyCheck page or call 08457 484950.
And the following roads remain closed due to flooding:
- A417 at Challow, near Mellors Garage
- B478 at Playhatch
- Ascott-under-Wychwood, London Lane, between the level crossing and the River Evenlode bridge.
- Barford Road, between Barford St John and Barford St Michael
- Islip, Lower Road