Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Care home ‘back on track’ after critical report
5:00pm Thursday 5th December 2013 in News
A CARE home that was criticised after it fell below standards for staffing levels is back on track, a report has said.
In June, the Care Quality Commission, CQC, carried out an unannounced routine inspection of Langford View Care Home, in Coach House Mews, Bicester.
The report revealed the home did not have enough staff on duty during day and night shifts and it was told to make changes.
CQC inspectors revisited the 60-bed home, which is run by the Orders of St John Care Trust, OSJCT, in October and say staffing levels are now up to scratch.
The report said: “We saw that the provider had taken appropriate action to address the non-compliance.
“We spoke to five people who told us that they liked the home and that things had improved.”
During the visit inspectors observed staff serving lunchtime meals and said there were enough care workers on hand to help people.
Previously the CQC found one incident where a worker had to call for back-up after being left to oversee seven people during lunchtime, when a resident started choking. The inspection team said staff members now thought there were enough staff and support.
Oxfordshire County Council, which had stopped placing people there, said it also made its own inspection and had restarted admissions.
Council spokesman Marcus Mabberly said: “We will continue to work with the trust to monitor the standards of care.”
Comments are closed on this article.