A STRING of waterways through Oxfordshire remain on flood alert this morning.
THE Environment Agency has updated its list of rivers at risk of flooding, with a section of the River Thames through Oxfordshire being put on flood warning.
Meanwhile the warning on the River Cherwell has been downgraded to an alert.
The situation is otherwise largely unchanged overnight.
The following flood warning is in place, which indicates flooding is expected:
- River Thames from Buscot Wick down to Shifford including Buscot, Kelmscott, Radcot, Lower Bampton area and Chimney Area
The full list of flood alerts, which indicate flooding is possible, is as follows:
- River Thames for Shiplake, Lower Shiplake and Wargrave
- River Thames for Henley, Remenham and Medmenham
- River Windrush from Bourton-on-the-Water to Newbridge including Burford, Asthall, Minster Lovell, Crawley, Witney, Ducklington, Rack End and Standlake
- River Thames for the Abingdon Area, including areas between Abingdon down to and including Little Wittenham
- River Thames from Mapledurham to Sonning
- River Thames and tributaries in the Oxford Area, including areas between Wolvercote down to and including Radley and Jericho
- River Cherwell and its tributaries from Lower Heyford down to Oxford including Rousham, Enslow, Thrupp and Hampton Poyle
- River Thame and Chalgrove Brook
- River Thames and its tributaries from Days Lock to above Pangbourne, including Benson, Ewelme, Wallingford, Winterbrook, East Hagbourne and South Moreton
- River Thames and its tributaries from Buscot Wick down to Kings Lock, including Kelmscott, Stanton Harcourt and Eynsham
- River Cherwell and its tributaries from Charwelton to just above Upper Heyford, including Cropredy, Banbury and Hook Norton
- River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon, and also the Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney
- Clanfield Brook for Clanfield Village and the Shill Brook for Bampton
- River Evenlode from Moreton in Marsh to Cassington
- River Glyme at Wootton and Woodstock
- River Ray and its tributaries from Shipton Lee to Islip
- Langford and Wendlebury Brooks and their tributaries from Stratton Audley down to the M40 near Merton, including Bicester and Wendlebury
- River Cherwell from Lower Heyford down to Cherwell Bridge including Rousham, Enslow, Thrupp and Hampton Poyle
Up to 30mm of rain is expected to fall in Oxfordshire from 6am today until 6am tomorrow.