Twelve months after claiming the Berkshire fours title, Hagbourne have collected another county crown.
This year, the club became Berkshire’s double fours champions.
They achieved their feat with a convincing 43-27 victory over Suttons BC on finals day at Reading.
Hagbourne club captain Paul Ryman’s rink of John Beardsley, Dave Rose and Ron Moore won by 24 shots to nine.
Their other rink, skipped by Middleton Cup player John Heapy, who was supported by Steve Gibson, Harry Marriott and Martin Marriott, scraped home 19-18.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four
- FOOTBALL: Cumnor Minors beat Tower Hill on penalties in Under 15 KO Cup