Twelve months after claiming the Berkshire fours title, Hagbourne have collected another county crown.
This year, the club became Berkshire’s double fours champions.
They achieved their feat with a convincing 43-27 victory over Suttons BC on finals day at Reading.
Hagbourne club captain Paul Ryman’s rink of John Beardsley, Dave Rose and Ron Moore won by 24 shots to nine.
Their other rink, skipped by Middleton Cup player John Heapy, who was supported by Steve Gibson, Harry Marriott and Martin Marriott, scraped home 19-18.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed