Twelve months after claiming the Berkshire fours title, Hagbourne have collected another county crown.
This year, the club became Berkshire’s double fours champions.
They achieved their feat with a convincing 43-27 victory over Suttons BC on finals day at Reading.
Hagbourne club captain Paul Ryman’s rink of John Beardsley, Dave Rose and Ron Moore won by 24 shots to nine.
Their other rink, skipped by Middleton Cup player John Heapy, who was supported by Steve Gibson, Harry Marriott and Martin Marriott, scraped home 19-18.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must forget FA Cup and make most of game in hand at Charlton Athletic
- Michael Appleton: We must be 'clever' to solve Oxford United's selection jigsaw
- FOOTBALL: Steve Roberts strikes twice as Heyford Athletic beat Cropredy
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- RUGBY UNION: Second-half show guides leaders Chinnor to vital victory as Henley Hawks also triumph
- HOCKEY: Lucy Stewart’s super double secures comeback victory for Oxford Hawks
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins complete double over Banbury, while Witney and Grove also taste victory
- DARTS: Peachcroft make their class tell to sink Kings Arms in Oxford League