Twelve months after claiming the Berkshire fours title, Hagbourne have collected another county crown.
This year, the club became Berkshire’s double fours champions.
They achieved their feat with a convincing 43-27 victory over Suttons BC on finals day at Reading.
Hagbourne club captain Paul Ryman’s rink of John Beardsley, Dave Rose and Ron Moore won by 24 shots to nine.
Their other rink, skipped by Middleton Cup player John Heapy, who was supported by Steve Gibson, Harry Marriott and Martin Marriott, scraped home 19-18.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Bolton Wanderers 0, Oxford United 2 (Thomas 81, Maguire 90)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Bolton?
- UPDATES - Bolton Wanderers v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: The players are determined to show their fighting spirit
- Oxford United hoping Kane Hemmings can end unlucky goalscoring record at Bolton Wanderers
- Oxford United are unfazed by away record ahead of Bolton Wanderers trip, says skipper John Lundstram
- MOTOR RACING: Felipe Massa’s hoping rain gods take a break for Malaysian GP
- SWIMMING: Lilia Gilbert steals show with ten-medal haul for Didcot Barramundi
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Jon Bishop's break of 45 guides Thame to victory
- BOXING: South Moreton's Gavin Lissenden defends Queensbury League title