Twelve months after claiming the Berkshire fours title, Hagbourne have collected another county crown.
This year, the club became Berkshire’s double fours champions.
They achieved their feat with a convincing 43-27 victory over Suttons BC on finals day at Reading.
Hagbourne club captain Paul Ryman’s rink of John Beardsley, Dave Rose and Ron Moore won by 24 shots to nine.
Their other rink, skipped by Middleton Cup player John Heapy, who was supported by Steve Gibson, Harry Marriott and Martin Marriott, scraped home 19-18.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City’s adies ease to cup final win
- FOOTBALL: Arran Gray’s hat-trick clinches North Berks League Division 4 title for Blewbury
- FOOTBALL: Superlative Kidlington make it perfect season in Oxford Mail Under 12 Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Chequers win dramatic Oxford City FA Premier Cup final on penalties
- FOOTBALL: Dan Bott’s brace helps Chipping Norton to finish fourth in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Wayne Blossom shines with double as KEA secure Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: George Corti’s four-timer is in vain for Botley Boys
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup
- Michael Appleton aiming to convince Conor McAleny that Oxford United is best option for next season