Twelve months after claiming the Berkshire fours title, Hagbourne have collected another county crown.
This year, the club became Berkshire’s double fours champions.
They achieved their feat with a convincing 43-27 victory over Suttons BC on finals day at Reading.
Hagbourne club captain Paul Ryman’s rink of John Beardsley, Dave Rose and Ron Moore won by 24 shots to nine.
Their other rink, skipped by Middleton Cup player John Heapy, who was supported by Steve Gibson, Harry Marriott and Martin Marriott, scraped home 19-18.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United sell a third of their tickets before FA Cup opponents are confirmed
- Silly errors cost us dear, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We studied them all week, but failed to deliver, says Oxford United skipper John Lundstram after AFC Wimbledon defeat
- Neal Ardley disappointed AFC Wimbledon did not score more
- Rob Hall gutted his early Oxford United goal counts for nothing
- FOOTBALL: Conor McDonagh’s strike lifts Banbury United to edge of play-offs
- FOOTBALL: Frustrated Oxford City are caught three times as they fail to put Concord Rangers away
- WEEKEND RESULTS: January 14-15
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington, Didcot Town and Wantage Town suffer injury time agonies in Evo-Stik Southern League