Twelve months after claiming the Berkshire fours title, Hagbourne have collected another county crown.
This year, the club became Berkshire’s double fours champions.
They achieved their feat with a convincing 43-27 victory over Suttons BC on finals day at Reading.
Hagbourne club captain Paul Ryman’s rink of John Beardsley, Dave Rose and Ron Moore won by 24 shots to nine.
Their other rink, skipped by Middleton Cup player John Heapy, who was supported by Steve Gibson, Harry Marriott and Martin Marriott, scraped home 19-18.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe back in training with Oxford United to test ankle injury ahead of season finale
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- BAR BILLIARDS: Marlborough Club land Oxford League Section 2 title
- BOWLS: Holders Headington cruise into Oxfordshire League Cup quarter-finals
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell hits the road in Morocco
- WEIGHLIFTING: Oxpower trio lift medals
- GYMNASTICS: Woodstock youngsters win gold in UK regional competition
- NETBALL:Didcot's Helen Grindey is honoured
- ATHLETICS: Les Newell claims victory as Oxford City dominate Mota-vation Series opener