BANBURY cruised to a six-wicket win at home to Burnham in Division 1 of the Home Counties Premier League.
With South African star Herschelle Gibbs watching from the boundary, Banbury rolled over the visitors for 141 after putting them in to bat.
Dean Bartlett (3-24) reduced the visitors to 35-3, before the spin of Luke Ryan (3-26) and Richard West (2-9) polished Burnham off.
Nathan Hawkes then blasted an unbeaten 60 off 44 balls, with ten fours as Banbury raced to 143-4.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- SNOOKER/BILLIARDS: Neil Craycraft stars in Abingdon Conservatives' whitewash
- MOTORSPORT: Williams seeking boost for US Grand prix
- SKATER HOCKEY: Adam Harris thrilled to be making his debut for GB
- ANGLING: Steve Harwood loses out by a ounce in Oxford Winter League
- TABLE TENNIS: Neil Cartwright leads British rail's express start to season