OXFORD United Women’s manager Les Taylor has warned his players that they will have to be at their best to upset unbeaten Doncaster Rovers Belles at Abingdon United’s Northcourt Road tomorrow (2pm), writes MATTHEW BRUCE.
The U’s are without captain Sahara Osborne-Ricketts for the Women’s Super League 2 clash after she injured an ankle in their 2-1 defeat at Aston Villa a fortnight ago.
Taylor said: “Doncaster are one of the favourites to get promotion, they’re second in the division, so we’ve got to be at our very best and work to a gameplan to try and get a result.
“We had a bit of a heavy defeat when we played Doncaster earlier this season, but it was early days for us. Games since then have been quite tight and we’ve only missed out by the odd goal.
Oxford Utd: from Cox, Mobbs, Hines, Chivers, Allison, Pinker, Low, King, Nutman, Connor-Iommi, Lambourne, Franklin-Fraiture, Nichol, Stanley, Fellows, Alexander, Simmonds.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United face trip to Championship strugglers if they win FA Cup replay
- Back injury rules Joe Skarz out of Oxford United's game at Southend United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Michael Appleton hoping plum draw in FA Cup will give Oxford United added incentive
- ATHLETICS: Organisers cancel third round of Oxford Mail Cross Country League
- WEEKEND RESULTS December 3-4
- FOOTBALL: Matt Sysum's goal earns victory for North Leigh
- FOOTBALL: Callum White’s fluke goal seals last-gasp win for Banbury United
- FOOTBALL: James Roberts breaks his duck as Oxford City slip to home defeat
- FOOTBALL: Supersub Lewis Coyle hits stunning four-timer for Kidlington