OXFORD United Women’s manager Les Taylor has warned his players that they will have to be at their best to upset unbeaten Doncaster Rovers Belles at Abingdon United’s Northcourt Road tomorrow (2pm), writes MATTHEW BRUCE.
The U’s are without captain Sahara Osborne-Ricketts for the Women’s Super League 2 clash after she injured an ankle in their 2-1 defeat at Aston Villa a fortnight ago.
Taylor said: “Doncaster are one of the favourites to get promotion, they’re second in the division, so we’ve got to be at our very best and work to a gameplan to try and get a result.
“We had a bit of a heavy defeat when we played Doncaster earlier this season, but it was early days for us. Games since then have been quite tight and we’ve only missed out by the odd goal.
Oxford Utd: from Cox, Mobbs, Hines, Chivers, Allison, Pinker, Low, King, Nutman, Connor-Iommi, Lambourne, Franklin-Fraiture, Nichol, Stanley, Fellows, Alexander, Simmonds.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start
- Stars bring in Wilson after Ealey-Newmans depart
- ICE HOCKEY: Player diary - Joe Edwards thanks Oxford City Stars' fans
- FOOTBALL Oxford City lose their way on nightmare day as they slip into the bottom two
- WEEKEND RESULTS September 24 & 25
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win