Wimborne Tn 0
Wantage Tn 0
New boys Wantage grabbed their first point following at Wimborne in Division 1 South & West on Saturday, thanks to a top display from keeper Lee Farrow.
The visitors had suffered an early set back when Jon Steedman went off injured.
And after Tom Melledew fired into the side-netting, Jimmy Deabill also limped off.
After the break, Wimborne’s Matt Kemble hit a post before the hosts were reduced to ten men when Ian Oliver was sent off for a professional foul on Guy.
As Wimborne piled forward Farrow saved Kemble’s close-range header.
Wantage also went a man down when substitute Jake Johns went for two bookings.
Late on, Farrow performed his heroics as he denied Paul Arnold as Wantage held on for their first point.
Wantage Tn: Farrow, Barder, Jones, Steedman (Kidd 15) Cattell, Da Costa, Riccio, Lachacz, Melledew (Johns 74) Deabill (Roberts 31) Guy. Sub not used: Millward.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback