OXFORDSHIRE bounced back emphatically to beat Leicestershire & Rutland by eight wickets at Ashby Hastings in ECB Women’s County Championship Division 3.
Having lost six matches out of six the previous week, Oxon were never in danger of extending that sequence to seven.
Leicestershire opted to bat after winning the toss, but only Katie Midwood (23) and Lucy Higham (15) reached double figures as they were all out for 89.
Ellie Noble (3-24), Samantha Moore (3-31) and Ellie Porter (2-6) were Oxon’s most successful bowlers.
Genny Porter, Ellie’s sister, then shone with the bat, hitting 49 not out to steer the visitors to 90-2, with Abi Currie (14no) there at the close.
FREELAND maintained their unbeaten record in the Oxfordshire Midweek Women’s League with a 59-run home win over Oxford.
The hosts scored rapidly throughout their 16 overs to finish on 113-2, with Rhian Todd unbeaten on 26 and Suzy Halsey on 25.
Oxford looked set with Paula Matthews and Catherine Coxon scoring well, but when they both fell for 15 the momentum subsided in the face of some tight bowling.
Halsey (1-1) and Megan Lovick (1-4) were particularly miserly.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- Banbury United forced to settle for draw at Weymouth as hosts hit back
- Oxford United to face Bradford City in last eight of Checkatrade Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights