OXFORDSHIRE bounced back emphatically to beat Leicestershire & Rutland by eight wickets at Ashby Hastings in ECB Women’s County Championship Division 3.
Having lost six matches out of six the previous week, Oxon were never in danger of extending that sequence to seven.
Leicestershire opted to bat after winning the toss, but only Katie Midwood (23) and Lucy Higham (15) reached double figures as they were all out for 89.
Ellie Noble (3-24), Samantha Moore (3-31) and Ellie Porter (2-6) were Oxon’s most successful bowlers.
Genny Porter, Ellie’s sister, then shone with the bat, hitting 49 not out to steer the visitors to 90-2, with Abi Currie (14no) there at the close.
FREELAND maintained their unbeaten record in the Oxfordshire Midweek Women’s League with a 59-run home win over Oxford.
The hosts scored rapidly throughout their 16 overs to finish on 113-2, with Rhian Todd unbeaten on 26 and Suzy Halsey on 25.
Oxford looked set with Paula Matthews and Catherine Coxon scoring well, but when they both fell for 15 the momentum subsided in the face of some tight bowling.
Halsey (1-1) and Megan Lovick (1-4) were particularly miserly.
Latest Sport news
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- GOLF: Steady Eddie Pepperell gets off to solid start at the French Open
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve