OXFORDSHIRE bounced back emphatically to beat Leicestershire & Rutland by eight wickets at Ashby Hastings in ECB Women’s County Championship Division 3.
Having lost six matches out of six the previous week, Oxon were never in danger of extending that sequence to seven.
Leicestershire opted to bat after winning the toss, but only Katie Midwood (23) and Lucy Higham (15) reached double figures as they were all out for 89.
Ellie Noble (3-24), Samantha Moore (3-31) and Ellie Porter (2-6) were Oxon’s most successful bowlers.
Genny Porter, Ellie’s sister, then shone with the bat, hitting 49 not out to steer the visitors to 90-2, with Abi Currie (14no) there at the close.
FREELAND maintained their unbeaten record in the Oxfordshire Midweek Women’s League with a 59-run home win over Oxford.
The hosts scored rapidly throughout their 16 overs to finish on 113-2, with Rhian Todd unbeaten on 26 and Suzy Halsey on 25.
Oxford looked set with Paula Matthews and Catherine Coxon scoring well, but when they both fell for 15 the momentum subsided in the face of some tight bowling.
Halsey (1-1) and Megan Lovick (1-4) were particularly miserly.
Latest Sport news
- Oxon Senior Cup semi-final between Oxford United and Banbury United is postponed
- Michael Appleton frustrated as errors undermine Oxford United display
- Darryl Eales expects Oxford United to have increased playing budget next season
- Wallingford Town pipped in semi-final
- FOOTBALL: Unbeaten FC Hollybush capture Division 1 title with four games in hand
- YOUTH FOOTBALLChima Iwuchukwu's penalty steers Kennington to cup final glory in Oxford Mail Youth League
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City are beaten but North Leigh triumph
- Oxford United 2 (Hemmings 42, Maguire 75), Bolton Wanderers 4 (Morais 4, Beevers 22, Dunkley og 60, Vela 90+4)
- UPDATES - Oxford United v Bolton Wanderers
- Rob Hall's fired up to deliver for Oxford United against former club Bolton Wanderers