Aston Rowant’s relegation fears increased when they lost by nine wickets at home to fellow Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 1 strugglers Harefield on Saturday.
The Middlesex side are now just two points behind their hosts after a one-sided contest.
Put in to bat, Rowant were shot out for 84 by Zimbabwean one-day international Chamunorwa Chibhabha.
The seamer dismissed Tim Morgan and Joshua Smith in successive balls, and with Chris Watling falling at the other end, the hosts were 4-3.
Wickets fell steadily to Chibhabha, who finished with devastating figures of 7-29 in 13.1 overs.
Adam Muttitt was last out with a top score of 21 as the innings lasted just 33.1 overs.
Wes Morrick dismissed Harefield opener Robert Tidey for one, but an unbeaten 55 off 64 balls by Simon Macey saw Harefield home in the 19th over.
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Sheffield United
- RACING: Options open for Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Coneygree's return
- Sheffield United 2 (Sharp 65, Wilson 73), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 16)
- LIVE - Sheffield United v Oxford United
- Oxford United forward Chris Maguire eager to keep Sheffield United quiet
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It is crucial we start well to silence the home support
- MOTORSPORT: Williams duo Bottas and Massa ready for Spa test
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire beat Bedfordshire in final to win Wormsley T20
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women's captain Kat Nutman could return at Durham
- CRICKET: Max Smith's super spell speeds Oxford Under 17s to second national title in three years