Aston Rowant’s relegation fears increased when they lost by nine wickets at home to fellow Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 1 strugglers Harefield on Saturday.
The Middlesex side are now just two points behind their hosts after a one-sided contest.
Put in to bat, Rowant were shot out for 84 by Zimbabwean one-day international Chamunorwa Chibhabha.
The seamer dismissed Tim Morgan and Joshua Smith in successive balls, and with Chris Watling falling at the other end, the hosts were 4-3.
Wickets fell steadily to Chibhabha, who finished with devastating figures of 7-29 in 13.1 overs.
Adam Muttitt was last out with a top score of 21 as the innings lasted just 33.1 overs.
Wes Morrick dismissed Harefield opener Robert Tidey for one, but an unbeaten 55 off 64 balls by Simon Macey saw Harefield home in the 19th over.
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Oxford United to discover EFL Trophy opponents in draw tomorrow
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley