Aston Rowant’s relegation fears increased when they lost by nine wickets at home to fellow Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 1 strugglers Harefield on Saturday.
The Middlesex side are now just two points behind their hosts after a one-sided contest.
Put in to bat, Rowant were shot out for 84 by Zimbabwean one-day international Chamunorwa Chibhabha.
The seamer dismissed Tim Morgan and Joshua Smith in successive balls, and with Chris Watling falling at the other end, the hosts were 4-3.
Wickets fell steadily to Chibhabha, who finished with devastating figures of 7-29 in 13.1 overs.
Adam Muttitt was last out with a top score of 21 as the innings lasted just 33.1 overs.
Wes Morrick dismissed Harefield opener Robert Tidey for one, but an unbeaten 55 off 64 balls by Simon Macey saw Harefield home in the 19th over.
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- Banbury United forced to settle for draw at Weymouth as hosts hit back
- Oxford United to face Bradford City in last eight of Checkatrade Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights