Oxfordshire's men clinched promotion to Summer County Cup Group 4 with a 5-2 win against Buckinghamshire at West Worthing yesterday.
Needing victory to make it three promotions in a row, captain Jon Maskens and Sebastian Rey won both their matches at first pair.
Tom Greenwood and Benedict Calnan followed suit at second pair, before the last Bucks pair withdrew as Oxon reached Group 4 for the first time in a decade.
Maskens said: “We’re delighted. We were expecting to win, but we knew it would be tough. It was never going to be a given.”
Oxfordshire’s women, already relegated from Group 6 at Ilkley, Yorkshire, having lost four matches in a row, beat Hereford & Worcester 7-2 win in their final tie.
Oxfordshire skipper Emma Tolson said: “Obviously we still go down, but it was good to have a win.”
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0