Oxfordshire's men clinched promotion to Summer County Cup Group 4 with a 5-2 win against Buckinghamshire at West Worthing yesterday.
Needing victory to make it three promotions in a row, captain Jon Maskens and Sebastian Rey won both their matches at first pair.
Tom Greenwood and Benedict Calnan followed suit at second pair, before the last Bucks pair withdrew as Oxon reached Group 4 for the first time in a decade.
Maskens said: “We’re delighted. We were expecting to win, but we knew it would be tough. It was never going to be a given.”
Oxfordshire’s women, already relegated from Group 6 at Ilkley, Yorkshire, having lost four matches in a row, beat Hereford & Worcester 7-2 win in their final tie.
Oxfordshire skipper Emma Tolson said: “Obviously we still go down, but it was good to have a win.”
Latest Sport news
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start
- Stars bring in Wilson after Ealey-Newmans depart
- ICE HOCKEY: Player diary - Joe Edwards thanks Oxford City Stars' fans
- FOOTBALL Oxford City lose their way on nightmare day as they slip into the bottom two
- WEEKEND RESULTS September 24 & 25
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic