Oxfordshire's men clinched promotion to Summer County Cup Group 4 with a 5-2 win against Buckinghamshire at West Worthing yesterday.
Needing victory to make it three promotions in a row, captain Jon Maskens and Sebastian Rey won both their matches at first pair.
Tom Greenwood and Benedict Calnan followed suit at second pair, before the last Bucks pair withdrew as Oxon reached Group 4 for the first time in a decade.
Maskens said: “We’re delighted. We were expecting to win, but we knew it would be tough. It was never going to be a given.”
Oxfordshire’s women, already relegated from Group 6 at Ilkley, Yorkshire, having lost four matches in a row, beat Hereford & Worcester 7-2 win in their final tie.
Oxfordshire skipper Emma Tolson said: “Obviously we still go down, but it was good to have a win.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe named in League Two team of the year
- Oxford United await decisions from Hylton and Maguire
- FOOTBALL: John Brough appointed new manager at North Leigh
- MOTOR RACING: Renault's Jolyon Palmer crashes out of Monaco Grand Prix
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 28-29
- CRICKET: Horspath stretch unbeaten start to four games after Shipton-under-Wychwood collapse
- CRICKET: Dain Moreton's century inspires Great & Little Tew to victory over Harefield
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks