Oxfordshire's men clinched promotion to Summer County Cup Group 4 with a 5-2 win against Buckinghamshire at West Worthing yesterday.
Needing victory to make it three promotions in a row, captain Jon Maskens and Sebastian Rey won both their matches at first pair.
Tom Greenwood and Benedict Calnan followed suit at second pair, before the last Bucks pair withdrew as Oxon reached Group 4 for the first time in a decade.
Maskens said: “We’re delighted. We were expecting to win, but we knew it would be tough. It was never going to be a given.”
Oxfordshire’s women, already relegated from Group 6 at Ilkley, Yorkshire, having lost four matches in a row, beat Hereford & Worcester 7-2 win in their final tie.
Oxfordshire skipper Emma Tolson said: “Obviously we still go down, but it was good to have a win.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- ROWING: Zoe de Toledo’s eyeing Olympic gold hunt in Rio
- CRICKET: Abingdon Vale teenager Ben Charlesworth to make Oxfordshire debut against Devon
- CRICKET: Banbury captain Lloyd Sabin delighted with Luke Ryan's form ahead of High Wycombe clash
- CRICKET: Skipper Charlie Brain rallies Shipton-under-Wychwood ahead of Horspath challenge
- ROWING: Duarte bags sculls success
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000
- VIDEO: Watch Oxford United signing Tyler Roberts scoring for West Brom