Oxfordshire's men clinched promotion to Summer County Cup Group 4 with a 5-2 win against Buckinghamshire at West Worthing yesterday.
Needing victory to make it three promotions in a row, captain Jon Maskens and Sebastian Rey won both their matches at first pair.
Tom Greenwood and Benedict Calnan followed suit at second pair, before the last Bucks pair withdrew as Oxon reached Group 4 for the first time in a decade.
Maskens said: “We’re delighted. We were expecting to win, but we knew it would be tough. It was never going to be a given.”
Oxfordshire’s women, already relegated from Group 6 at Ilkley, Yorkshire, having lost four matches in a row, beat Hereford & Worcester 7-2 win in their final tie.
Oxfordshire skipper Emma Tolson said: “Obviously we still go down, but it was good to have a win.”
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson joins Oxford United from Everton for undisclosed fee
- Andy Triggs Hodge bows out on a high to concentrate on family
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints smash Cornish Sharks to land play-off semi-final slot
- CRICKET: Sussex paceman Tymal Mills given green light to play for Oxfordshire
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Jade O'Dowda sets sights on Tokyo 2020 Olympics after defending national heptathlon title
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire captain Luke Ryan reflects on testing minor counties campaign
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire paceman Chad Keegan retires
- RACING: Hughie Morrison delighted after Nearly Caught triumphs in France
- BAR BILLIARDS: Bletchingdon beat Gladiators for first win of season
- BOWLS: Alan Ley leads Oxfordshire to tight win over Buckinghamshire