Oxfordshire athletes won three medals for England in the SIAB Under 17 Under 17 International at Cardiff.
Simi Fajemisin (Headington) won a silver medal in the girls’ long jump with a leap of 5.79m.
Fajemisin won the English Schools title the week before, but had to be content with second place behind Ireland’s Elizabeth Morland (5.87).
Amy Herrington (Gillotts, Henley) added a bronze medal to her English silver in the girls’ hammer.
Herrington recorded 54.22, which was only beaten by Ireland’s Michaela Walsh (58.29) and England teammate Katie Lambert (54.29).
Ben Claridge (King Alfred’s, Wantage) finished fifth in the boy’s 800m with 1.55.96, but helped England to 4x400m relay gold in 3.18.38.
Latest Sport news
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Steady first round from Eddie Pepperell at Wentworth
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell looking forward to Wentworth
- BOWLS: Tidball's last shot earns South Oxford thrilling victory
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter upbeat over fitness ahead of junior French Open bid
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints too strong for Jurassic Coast Raptors
- ATHLETICS: Emma O'Hara stars as Radley are made to battle in Southern League