Oxfordshire athletes won three medals for England in the SIAB Under 17 Under 17 International at Cardiff.
Simi Fajemisin (Headington) won a silver medal in the girls’ long jump with a leap of 5.79m.
Fajemisin won the English Schools title the week before, but had to be content with second place behind Ireland’s Elizabeth Morland (5.87).
Amy Herrington (Gillotts, Henley) added a bronze medal to her English silver in the girls’ hammer.
Herrington recorded 54.22, which was only beaten by Ireland’s Michaela Walsh (58.29) and England teammate Katie Lambert (54.29).
Ben Claridge (King Alfred’s, Wantage) finished fifth in the boy’s 800m with 1.55.96, but helped England to 4x400m relay gold in 3.18.38.
Latest Sport news
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City waiting to discover their share of Luke Coulson transfer fee paid by Barnet
- Kate Williamson, 70, stunned to be going head-to-head with Olympic silver medallist in Oxfordshire Sports Awards
- FOOTBALL: Hanborough edge into last four of Fred Ford Cup with shoot-out victory against Aston
- FOOTBALL: Saxton Rovers send North Berks League Division 1 leaders Berinsfield to first defeat
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: Brilliant Bleakley hits four as Summertown Eagles surpass Grove’s challenge
- GIRLS' FOOTBALL: Bethany Chapman and Hermione Prescott impress as Headington advance in Under 12 League Cup
- FOOTBALL: Hook Norton earn Oxfordshire Senior Cup tie with Banbury United
- FOOTBALL: Union Street secure comeback win over Oxford City FA leaders Lusitanos Oxford
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window