Oxfordshire athletes won three medals for England in the SIAB Under 17 Under 17 International at Cardiff.
Simi Fajemisin (Headington) won a silver medal in the girls’ long jump with a leap of 5.79m.
Fajemisin won the English Schools title the week before, but had to be content with second place behind Ireland’s Elizabeth Morland (5.87).
Amy Herrington (Gillotts, Henley) added a bronze medal to her English silver in the girls’ hammer.
Herrington recorded 54.22, which was only beaten by Ireland’s Michaela Walsh (58.29) and England teammate Katie Lambert (54.29).
Ben Claridge (King Alfred’s, Wantage) finished fifth in the boy’s 800m with 1.55.96, but helped England to 4x400m relay gold in 3.18.38.
Latest Sport news
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame
- SWIMMING: Ayanna Fulga stars as City of Oxford impress in Cardiff