Oxfordshire athletes won three medals for England in the SIAB Under 17 Under 17 International at Cardiff.
Simi Fajemisin (Headington) won a silver medal in the girls’ long jump with a leap of 5.79m.
Fajemisin won the English Schools title the week before, but had to be content with second place behind Ireland’s Elizabeth Morland (5.87).
Amy Herrington (Gillotts, Henley) added a bronze medal to her English silver in the girls’ hammer.
Herrington recorded 54.22, which was only beaten by Ireland’s Michaela Walsh (58.29) and England teammate Katie Lambert (54.29).
Ben Claridge (King Alfred’s, Wantage) finished fifth in the boy’s 800m with 1.55.96, but helped England to 4x400m relay gold in 3.18.38.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory at Chesterfield
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side