Oxfordshire athletes won three medals for England in the SIAB Under 17 Under 17 International at Cardiff.
Simi Fajemisin (Headington) won a silver medal in the girls’ long jump with a leap of 5.79m.
Fajemisin won the English Schools title the week before, but had to be content with second place behind Ireland’s Elizabeth Morland (5.87).
Amy Herrington (Gillotts, Henley) added a bronze medal to her English silver in the girls’ hammer.
Herrington recorded 54.22, which was only beaten by Ireland’s Michaela Walsh (58.29) and England teammate Katie Lambert (54.29).
Ben Claridge (King Alfred’s, Wantage) finished fifth in the boy’s 800m with 1.55.96, but helped England to 4x400m relay gold in 3.18.38.
Latest Sport news
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United
- Michael Appleton fuming as Oxford United pay penalty for missing chances
- Southend midfielder admits he was lucky to still be on the pitch to net winner against Oxford United
- International call-up rules Benji Buchel out of two Oxford United games
- FOOTBALL: Marvel Mia Thomsen scores six for Kidlington in Oxford Mail Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Jack Self’s last-minute strike saves day as Banbury snatch point
- FOOTBALL: Joe Hanlon the star as Quarry Rovers dig out victory in 11-goal thriller
- FOOTBALL: Deadly Matthew Saunders sparks Long Wittenham victory
- FOOTBALL: Five for Jack Morton as Hanborough hammer Eynsham SSC