Banbury captain Jimmy Phillips believes they are well-placed for another decent run in the ECB National Club Twenty20 competition.
Phillips’s side take on High Wycombe in the Home Counties Premier League semi-finals at Oxford CC’s Roman Way ground at 11.30am on Sunday, with the winners facing Slough or Henley at 3pm.
Last year Banbury reached the national finals at The Oval before losing an indoor bowl-out on a day ruined by rain.
Phillips said: “We have got players who can hit the ball a long way and we are a well-balanced side.
“We showed that if you win our section, there is a really good chance of progressing.
“Since then, we have added Liam Manley and Dan Harris to the squad, which gives us extra bowling and batting options.”
Overseas player Dean Bartlett is ineligible.
Banbury: L Sabin, Harris, West, Hawkes, Cater, Tew, Ryan, Blanchard, Wright, Manley, J Phillips (capt).
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal
- Oxford United make request to West Bromwich Albion for Tyler Roberts loan extension
- VARSITY MATCH: Oxford's record run over as Cambridge edge thriller
- LIVE UPDATES: The Varsity Matches
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford University beat Cambridge University in Women's Varsity Match
- VARSITY MATCH: Oxford University fly half Basil Strang gets his kicks by playing at Twickenham
- Oxford United drawn at home to Scunthorpe United in Checkatrade Trophy
- VARSITY MATCH: Pressure is still on us, admits Oxford University winger Tom Stileman
- VARSITY MATCH: Catherine Wilcock backing Oxford University Women to step up
- RUGBY UNION: Dark Blues skipper Fergus Taylor out for more Varsity Match joy