Peachcroft Social Club, the Men’s Section 1 leaders caused a big upset with a thrilling 5-4 victory at home to Premier Section pacesetters Goodlake Arms A.
The hosts went 2-0 ahead after wins from Michael Wilkes and Stephen Wilkes, but the Premier boys levelled at 2-2, thanks to Peter Jones and Kevin Wilkins, who recorded a maximum.
The star of the show for Peachcroft was Steve Fisher, who defeated Preben Krabben - even though the league singles champion had two 180s –to restore their lead.
The visitors levelled at 3-3 when Chris Hughes defeated Rob Cook, but Peachcroft would not be denied a famous victory by taking the pairs 2-1.
Kidlington Green Social Club B took over the Premier top spot with an 8-1 win at Marlborough Club, whose only success came when Mark Holtom and Simon Key won the last pairs game, The all-Premier clash saw Rose Hill Community Centre defeat hosts Windrush Social Club 5-4to gain revenge for the previous week's 7-2 defeat.
In Section 2, Donnington Community Centre took a 3-0 lead at home to George Bar C with victories from Mark Worrall, Don Allen and Steve Simmons But George stormed back to win 6-3 after wins from Keith Ballard (180), Dan Jones and Martin Atherton plus a pairs whitewash.
East Oxford Conservative Club, who lost their unbeaten Section 3 record to Village Inn the previous week, gained revenge with a 5-4 home success.
After going 2-0 and 4-2 behind, East Oxford hit back wins from Ade Bowden and Karl Smith and a clean sweep of the pairs.
In Section 7, Northway Community Centre led visiting Nuffield Lounge C 3-2 thanks to Geoff Cook, Aaron Platt and Chris O’Leary, but the visitors stormed back to win 6-3 Ladies Premier leaders Florence Park Community Centre A won 7-2 away to Section 1 side Vikings Social Club thanks to singles wins from Michelle Ewins, Tina Hamilton, Jo Gleed and Angie Pointin.
Section 1 side New Inn completed a double over Premier outfit Black Swan the New Inn with a 5-4 success.
l Teams wishing to enter the Oxfordshire Super League for the coming season, who have not already registered, should contact Jan Wroe (pammy@ mottstravel.com) by the end of July.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United players draw breath before Wembley
- Wembley tickets to go on sale at Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town defender Sam Elkins banned for five games after involvement in pitch invasion against Hereford
- BOWLS: AJ Docherty nicks Oxfordshire indoor singles title in thrilling final
- ROWING: Headington School rule roost once again
- RUGBY UNION: Former London Welsh back Alan Awcock enjoying new career after ending professional playing days
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins prop Matt Edney set for year-long New Zealand trip
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars demolished by London Raiders in play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Tom Stileman, Jordan Brodley and Sam Pointon named in England Students squad for Ireland Universities clash at Iffley Road
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s Stewart Thorp helps Great Britain win silver at Indoor World Masters Championships