Didcot Town joint manager Ian Concannon praised his players after they were beaten 1-0 at home by Oxford United in a pre-season friendly on Saturday.
The Railwaymen have impressed in pre-season and Concannon is confident that they will start their Calor League Division 1 South & West campaign in good shape.
“I think we gave a very good account of ourselves and I think the lads can take a lot of credit from it,” he said.
“We’ve still got three weeks to go, we’ve got games to play and training to get on with and we’re not quite there yet, but come August 9 and Swindon Supermarine at home we will be.”
Didcot believe they have finished their summer recruitment with the signing of Oxford City defender Adam Learoyd, who made his debut against the U’s.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United explore possibility of fourth stand for Wycombe clash
- Oxford United are where we want to be, says Carlisle United manager Keith Curle
- James Roberts eyeing a happy ending with Oxford United after horrible season
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton hoping for different emotion on return to 'bobbins' Brunton Park
- Liam Sercombe hungry to hit one last goal target for Oxford United this season
- Deadline for Oxford United awards voting is today
- FOOTBALL: We should hold our heads high, says Oxford City general manager Justin Merritt
- RUGBY UNION: Injury-hit Oxfordshire are still strong, says head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Mike Ford wants more of the same as Banbury United prepare for play-off final
- CRICKET: Captain Luke Ryan calls on Oxfordshire to step up for Unicorns Counties Trophy opener