A DELIVERY driver was taken to hospital after a container of kettle descaler leaked.
Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service said they were called to the incident just before 9am on Thursday by the man who was delvering the chemical to a property in Ashbury, near Faringdon.
Two fire crews from Faringdon and Wantage and a specialist hazardous materials unit from Rewley Road in Oxford were sent to the incident and made the container safe.
It is believed the descaler leaked out through its packaging and gave off fumes which affected the driver.
A spokeswoman for South Western Ambulance Service said the man was taken to the Great Western Hospital in Swindon by a paramedic in a rapid response vehicle.
No details on his condition have been released.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
11:20am Monday 28th July 2014
What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter through the blue headline above.
Our top stories
9:41am Wednesday 29th July 2015
An Oxford street remains closed after canisters containing an unidentified substance were discovered.
10:00pm Tuesday 28th July 2015
FOUR people were killed in traffic accidents in 24 hours on Oxfordshire’s roads.
6:30am Wednesday 29th July 2015
CONFLICT between wheelchair users and parents with buggies has led to problems on the buses across Oxfordshire.
9:00am Wednesday 29th July 2015
POLICE chief Francis Habgood has said “difficult choices” will have to be made about policing across the Thames Valley.
9:31am Wednesday 29th July 2015
A NEIGHBOUR helped an elderly couple to safety after their home was filled with smoke from a burnt-out boiler, the fire service said.
7:00am Wednesday 29th July 2015
A WARD of 30 beds at Witney Community Hospital will shut for seven months to send staff elsewhere in the county and save money, it was announced yesterday.