A controversial application for a betting shop in Rose Hill has been approved.
Councillors passed the bid to change the use of the shop in Courtland Road to a bookmakers at the East Area Planning Committee last night.
There had been local objections to the scheme, with some senior city councillors and Oxford East MP Andrew Smith raising concerns.
The parade, which has a number of empty shops, already has a Ladbrokes.
Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes