A controversial application for a betting shop in Rose Hill has been approved.
Councillors passed the bid to change the use of the shop in Courtland Road to a bookmakers at the East Area Planning Committee last night.
There had been local objections to the scheme, with some senior city councillors and Oxford East MP Andrew Smith raising concerns.
The parade, which has a number of empty shops, already has a Ladbrokes.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today