A controversial application for a betting shop in Rose Hill has been approved.
Councillors passed the bid to change the use of the shop in Courtland Road to a bookmakers at the East Area Planning Committee last night.
There had been local objections to the scheme, with some senior city councillors and Oxford East MP Andrew Smith raising concerns.
The parade, which has a number of empty shops, already has a Ladbrokes.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech