A controversial application for a betting shop in Rose Hill has been approved.
Councillors passed the bid to change the use of the shop in Courtland Road to a bookmakers at the East Area Planning Committee last night.
There had been local objections to the scheme, with some senior city councillors and Oxford East MP Andrew Smith raising concerns.
The parade, which has a number of empty shops, already has a Ladbrokes.
Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit