WORKERS at Oxford Business Park were encouraged to get into the saddle as part of a national cycling event yesterday.
Oxford East MP Andrew Smith visited the business park in John Smith Drive to mark national cycle to work day.
Pure Offices, which manages the business park, organised a sustainable transport event to encourage people to make the switch from car to bike.
The company provides four bicycles as part of a bike-share scheme, a secure cycle store, showers, a towel service and lockers for employees at the business park to use.
Mr Smith said: “Cycling is good for your health, your wallet and the planet.
“As a keen cyclist, I have experience of cycling around Oxford.
“I hope today’s roadshow at the business park and national cycle to work festivities encourage even more people on to their bikes here in Oxford.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes