IN Monday’s, Oxford Mail we reported that Abingdon’s Tiny Toes Day Nursery had been rated as requiring improvement by Ofsted.
To clarify, it was the Tiny Toes Day Nursery, in The Hay Barn, The Green, Steventon, which had received the ‘requires improvement’ rating.
The Tiny Toes Day Nursery, in Northcourt Road, Abingdon, had been rated as ‘good’ by Ofsted in June.
In the report on the Northcourt Road nursery, inspector Tracey Bartholomew praised staff for helping children become “settled and content”.
She also praised the nursery for forming strong bonds between parents and staff.
In the report, the inspector said: “Children are settled and content at the nursery.
“Children demonstrate that they feel safe and secure through their warm relationships with the staff and other children.
“Children behave very well because the staff are good role models.
“Staff actively promote listening and encourage children to become sensitive to each others’ needs.”
The nursery’s director, Margaret Webster, said staff acted as good role models by sitting with youngsters during mealtimes and speaking politely to other members of staff. She said: “Children need respect so the staff will say please and thank you all the time, and we explain the reason why.
“Staff are also able to eat with the children so it’s a very sociable time.”
The nursery director added: “The good rating is very hard to get nowadays so I’m happy with that.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street