A MAN was left with a fractured eye socket and broken jaw after being hit in the face with a golf club in Bicester.
At about 3.20am on Saturday morning an altercation took place on the forecourt of the Gulf petrol station in Buckingham Road, Bicester, but police only released details this morning.
The victim is now being treated at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
He was with a man when they were involved in a fight with a group of four or five men.
The man who hit the victim is described as white, in his mid to late twenties and about 5ft 10in.
He is of medium to stocky build, with short dark hair and was wearing a dark-coloured jumper.
A second man involved in the altercation is described as white, in his mid to late twenties and slim, with short blonde hair.
He was wearing a short sleeved t-shirt.
Thames Valley Police are now appealing for witnesses.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year