RESIDENTS in Chipping Norton were given a glimpse into what their town could look like in the future.
Yesterday, about 100 people attended the first of three exhibitions held by West Oxfordshire District Council at Chipping Norton Town Hall as part of its draft local plan consultation.
Planning policy manager Chris Hargreaves said the most interest was in the proposed Tank Farm development, for 500 homes, to the east of the town.
He said: “People were quite interested in things like the development’s impact on roads and schools.
“Most people next to the development are concerned about their loss of views and the impact on property prices.
“Other people could see some development is needed and if it was going to go in one direction then to the east of the town is the most sensible direction.”
The district council has proposed that 9,450 homes should be built between 2011 and 2029, lower than the suggested 11,880 suggested by the Strategic Housing Market Assessment.
Its public consultation runs until Friday, September 19.
There will also be exhibitions at Carterton Town Hall, in Alvescot Road, on Thursday and Witney’s High Street Methodist Church on Friday, both from 2pm to 7pm.
To comment on the plan, visit westoxon.gov.uk/draftlocalplan
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit