Former cabinet minister turned TV presenter Michael Portillo travelled on the Cotswold Line yesterday, filming scenes for a new series of his programme Great British Railway Journeys.
Mr Portillo and a camera crew travelled from Moreton-in-Marsh in Gloucestershire to Hanborough on the morning all-stations stopping train into Oxford, en route to Blenheim Palace, in Woodstock.
He recorded a sequence on the train, reading a passage about Blenheim from the 1863 edition of Bradshaw’s Handbook, which inspired the programme.
- Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay