GROVE Post Office will be closed for refurbishment from Friday, September 19, to Monday, September 29.
The office at McColls in Millbrook Square will then open an extra 57 hours – Mondays to Saturdays, 6am to 9pm, and Sundays from 7am to 9pm.
Post Office services will be provided from two modernised screened counters and a Post Office “combi” serving point beside the retail counter.
Customers will still be able to use the branch to pay bills, conduct banking, access benefits and travel money as well as post items.
Area manager Mark Jacobs said: “We know how important Post Office services are to residents in Grove.
“We are confident this vibrant modern Post Office at the heart of the community will be popular.
“The modernisation is part of a major Government investment programme that is enabling us to continue investing in the Post Office network and to map out a bold growth strategy to the end of the decade.”
The retail side of the store will stay open during the closure.
During the works, customers can use Wantage Post Office on Wallingford Street or Barnards Way office, Charlton.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community