A fire at Holland and Barratt in Golden Cross Arcade has left part of Cornmarket Street closed.
Five fire angines are at the scene and part of the High Street end of Cornmarket Street from McDonald's has been taped off by police.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said: “All we know at the moment is that it [the fire] is in the refrigeration units at Holland and Barrett, we believe.
“Five fire engines have been dispatched to the scene.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit