A 21-YEAR-OLD from Bicester is through to the final of the Spectacle Wearer of the Year Award.
Victoria Ganusceac was picked from thousands of entries across the UK to be selected as one of two Midlands’ regional finalists in the Specsavers’ competition.
Along with other entrants she sent in a glasses selfie and it was her rose-gold coloured circular frames that caught the judges eye.
She will now go through to the final and has to make a video of herself wearing glasses.
The awards celebrate spectacle wearers from the UK and Republic of Ireland, across four age categories – 15-24, 25-39, 40-59 and 60-plus They were launched by singer turned actress Kimberley Walsh, of Girls Aloud.
The winner, to be announced at a ceremony in London on October 7, will get £10,000 and a luxury holiday to the Bahamas.
Age category winners will win a makeover.
In total 13,603 people entered the competition and 80 regional finalists have been selected.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech