A man and a 15-year-old boy convicted of carrying out a rape on New Year’s Eve will have to wait two weeks to find out their sentence.
Waqas Hussain, 21, of Prescott Avenue, Banbury, and the teenager who cannot be named for legal reasons, were due to be sentenced at Oxford Crown Court on Friday.
Hussain was last month found guilty of two counts of rape and one of false imprisonment while the teenager was convicted of one count of rape and one of false imprisonment but cleared of another count of rape.
Sentencing had to be adjourned after staff at Bullingdon Prison failed to send Hussain to the crown court in time for his hearing.
Judge Gordon Risius said: “This delay gives me the greatest concern. I know that steps are already in place to remonstrate with HMP Bullingdon for their failure.”
The case was adjourned until Friday, September 5, at 2pm.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
11:20am Monday 28th July 2014
What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter through the blue headline above.
Our top stories
5:19pm Wednesday 2nd September 2015
A WOMAN who found a camera in the shower of a Travelodge has said she feels disgusted by the incident.
7:20am Wednesday 2nd September 2015
ALMOST 40 firefighters were tackling a straw bale fire in a field in Hanwell near Banbury last night.
8:30am Wednesday 2nd September 2015
DRIVERS on three of the county’s busiest roads have been hit by delays more than 28 times every day this year.
7:23pm Wednesday 2nd September 2015
FIREFIGHTERS in Eynsham rushed out this evening to rescue a cow from a river.
1:26pm Wednesday 2nd September 2015
TRAFFIC is building up around the Kennington Roundabout and Southern Bypass Road after a lorry shed “a couple of bags” on the dual carriageway.
9:00am Wednesday 2nd September 2015
THE headteacher at a leading Oxford independent school has claimed mobile phones offer “limitless” possibilities for education in the classroom.