A 31-year-old man has pleaded guilty to raping a teenager near Watlington.
At Oxford Crown Court yesterday, Christian Perera, of Samphire Road in Blackbird Leys, admitted two counts of raping a 19-year-old woman in Stone Lane, between Clare and Little Haseley, in April, and one of sexual assault.
In May the Independent Police Complaints Commission was called in to look into how Thames Valley Police handled the case but decided not to launch a formal investigation.
Perera pleaded not guilty to one charge of kidnap but the Crown Prosecution Service has agreed that this will lie on file.
He will be sentenced at Oxford Crown Court on Friday, September 12.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
- Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes