DELAYS on the A40 are beginning to ease after emergency repairs were carried on the Cassington traffic lights.
Temporary traffic lights were installed in Eynsham Road after the lights were damaged by a vehicle in a road traffic accident this morning.
But the main traffic lights have now been repaired after emergency work began at 10.20am.
Queuing traffic remains on the A40 Eastbound to Witney and on the A40 Westbound to Cutteslowe Roundabout.
Drainage works have also closed one lane on the A40 Eastbound between B4477 and A415 Ducklington Lane.
The earlier emergency repairs have caused major delays on Stagecoach’s S1, S2, S7, 18 and 19 bus services.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech