WILL Blencowe attacked another man in a jealous rage months before he fatally stabbed Connor Tremble, a jury was told.
It is alleged he murdered Connor on February 13 because he was jealous of the 17-year-old's relationship with ex-girlfriend Aimee Harrison.
Giving evidence today at Oxford Crown Court, Miss Harrison said after Blencowe, of Oxford Road, Banbury, ended their relationship she was briefly “intimate” with a man called Ben Harris.
The 20-year-old said this led to the defendant attacking Mr Harris at the Bitter and Twisted pub in Chipping Norton in October last year.
Miss Harrison said: “When I told him he went crazy on the phone. He got a taxi to Chipping Norton to beat Ben up.
“I was there and I tried to stop him going into the pub because I knew what he was like and he had a knuckle duster.”
She said Blencowe punched and tried to knee Mr Harris and also took a swing at the pub’s manager.
Miss Harrison added: “Me and Connor didn’t want people knowing about us after the way (Blencowe) reacted with Ben.
“We didn’t know if he would be the same and we really didn’t want that.”
Blencowe denies murder.
Bradley Jones, 21, of New Road, Bledington, and Grant Clemens, 23, of Stockwells, Moreton-in-Marsh, are also on trial and both deny perverting the course of justice.
The trial continues.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? We are running a service covering this trial as well as our normal News and Sport services. Text CONNOR or NEWS or SPORT or a combination of all three depending on which services you want, plus your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street