AN APP has been developed to help under-25s join in with activities in Oxfordshire.
Bungee has been devised by young people at FilmOxford to find things to do, places to go and where to get help based on their location and interests.
It will tell the user what’s on, how close it is, where on the map the event, activity or place is and how to get there by bus.
It is hoped the app will benefit sports clubs, nightlife and events holders as well as the people, community and local economy.
Gary Shenton, of FilmOxford, said: “Seeing the app evolve from a simple wish to a fully functioning app has been fascinating.
“During the workshops we held over the Easter holidays it was great to see and hear what the young people wanted.
“The fact that each activity can now have a short video on the app means it’s really easy to know what’s going on and what you’ll be involved in.”
Ellie Aldegheri, artist director and choreographer for Lunas Dance Project, said: “I think it’s pretty useful because if you don’t know what’s going on in your area and you’re very curious – sometimes you don’t know how to search for certain things or you don’t know the name of certain things – this app keeps everything together in one place.
“It offers many possibilities and options to choose from and I think it could be pretty useful for that.”
Information is grouped into categories like advice, sports, places to visit and services such as drug and alcohol help.
City councillor Christine Simm, executive board member for culture and communities, said: “This app sounds really exciting for young people and I am glad that they have been involved in developing it from the start.”
FilmOxford, which is funded by the city council and county council, is a charity which helps people put together films and takes commissions for projects.
The app can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play. To add activities, events or services, email email@example.com
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community