Abingdon Lock will be closed from November 3 to December 19 for repairs.
As part of a £1.8m programme of repairs this winter along the Thames, the Environment Agency (EA) will be inspecting and re-sheeting the lock gates.
Thames engineer Barrie Douglass said: “The EA has more than 1,000 assets along the Thames which we maintain and keep to good and safe working order – helping thousands of people navigate this great river with peace of mind.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay