FOR discerning shoppers there can be all sorts that floats their boat.
And customers have been coming out to Banbury’s Floating Market in waves.
Six traders drifted into the town on Friday for a three-day market on the towpath opposite Castle Quay shopping centre.
Bric-a-brac, artisan produce and home-made crafts were sold from the boats by the roving traders.
Jenine de Leie, of Witchcraft, said on Friday: “It has been going very well so far, apart from a light shower earlier.”
The 44-year-old lives on the boat with her husband, William, and they have been constantly on the move with their crochet business for the past seven-and-a-half years.
On being asked about the name of her business, she said: “My husband is a witch and we live on a craft.”
Mr de Leie is a wiccan – a follower of a modern pagan religion.
Gillie Rhodes sells traditional rope crafts from her boat, Vox Stellarum – which means voice of the stars in Latin.
She has lived on the boat with her husband Dave for five-and-a-half years.
The 59-year-old said: “It has been very nice, we have had lots of customers and people walking by.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year