RESIDENTS were invited to give their views on a proposed 200-home development in Witney yesterday.
Developer Taylor Wimpey wants to build the houses on a site between Woodstock Road and New Yatt Road.
It would feature two to five-bedroom homes, with 40 per cent being affordable.
Also planned are two new junctions from each of the two roads.
Mum-of-two Kathryn Smith, of Vanner Road, had the plans explained to her by Michael Fenton, of Taylor Wimpey.
The 37-year-old said: “I’m concerned about the level of traffic this is going to bring onto Woodstock Road, which is already bad enough.
“And there also don’t seem to be any plans to build another school, which means that the nearby ones [such as Wood Green School and Madley Brook Primary School], are going to get over-subscribed.
“The developer said they were only partly responsible for that, so I’m not sure where that leaves us.”
Mr Fenton said: “We were delighted with the number of people who came along to find out more and provide feedback.”
Mr Fenton said comments received would feed into the planning application the firm will submit later this year.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech