RESIDENTS were invited to give their views on a proposed 200-home development in Witney yesterday.
Developer Taylor Wimpey wants to build the houses on a site between Woodstock Road and New Yatt Road.
It would feature two to five-bedroom homes, with 40 per cent being affordable.
Also planned are two new junctions from each of the two roads.
Mum-of-two Kathryn Smith, of Vanner Road, had the plans explained to her by Michael Fenton, of Taylor Wimpey.
The 37-year-old said: “I’m concerned about the level of traffic this is going to bring onto Woodstock Road, which is already bad enough.
“And there also don’t seem to be any plans to build another school, which means that the nearby ones [such as Wood Green School and Madley Brook Primary School], are going to get over-subscribed.
“The developer said they were only partly responsible for that, so I’m not sure where that leaves us.”
Mr Fenton said: “We were delighted with the number of people who came along to find out more and provide feedback.”
Mr Fenton said comments received would feed into the planning application the firm will submit later this year.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community