Plans to turn a former railway siding into a 150-space car park will be put to councillors in Oxford for a decision tomorrow.
Frank Banner has applied to Oxford City Council for planning permission to turn the land off Osney Lane into a car park.
A planning officer said it is contrary to its planning policies but should go ahead to make up for a shortfall of spaces ahead of the redevelopment of the city’s Westgate Shopping Centre.
The west area planning committee will meet from 6.30pm in Oxford’s Town Hall in St Aldate’s.
The public can attend.
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year