Plans to turn a former railway siding into a 150-space car park will be put to councillors in Oxford for a decision tomorrow.
Frank Banner has applied to Oxford City Council for planning permission to turn the land off Osney Lane into a car park.
A planning officer said it is contrary to its planning policies but should go ahead to make up for a shortfall of spaces ahead of the redevelopment of the city’s Westgate Shopping Centre.
The west area planning committee will meet from 6.30pm in Oxford’s Town Hall in St Aldate’s.
The public can attend.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech