Plans to turn a former railway siding into a 150-space car park will be put to councillors in Oxford for a decision tomorrow.
Frank Banner has applied to Oxford City Council for planning permission to turn the land off Osney Lane into a car park.
A planning officer said it is contrary to its planning policies but should go ahead to make up for a shortfall of spaces ahead of the redevelopment of the city’s Westgate Shopping Centre.
The west area planning committee will meet from 6.30pm in Oxford’s Town Hall in St Aldate’s.
The public can attend.
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon