WITNEY residents can give their views today on a proposed 200 homes for the town.
Developer Taylor Wimpey will hold a public exhibition on plans for land between Woodstock Road and New Yatt Road. It would feature two to five-bedroom homes with 40 per cent affordable and two new junctions from the two roads.
New community facilities are also planned, a Taylor Wimpey spokesman said, but further details were not available.
The exhibition will be held in the High Street Methodist Church, High Street, from 2pm to 8pm.
The site has been earmarked by West Oxfordshire District Council for housing.
Taylor Wimpey strategic planning manager Mike Fenton said: “We believe it is crucial to give members of the local community the opportunity to get involved and have their say on development plans for their area and this is why we are inviting them to come and find out more about our emerging scheme for this site at Woodstock Road.
“We are confident that this scheme will provide an attractive and sustainable development of much-needed housing.”
Project staff will be on hand to talk to residents at the exhibition. Visit taylorwimpey.co.uk/witney.
At the same time another exhibition will be held in Chipping Norton Town Hall on plans for homes on farmland between Walterbush Road, close to the town’s football ground, and the A361 Burford Road.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech