WITNEY residents can give their views today on a proposed 200 homes for the town.
Developer Taylor Wimpey will hold a public exhibition on plans for land between Woodstock Road and New Yatt Road. It would feature two to five-bedroom homes with 40 per cent affordable and two new junctions from the two roads.
New community facilities are also planned, a Taylor Wimpey spokesman said, but further details were not available.
The exhibition will be held in the High Street Methodist Church, High Street, from 2pm to 8pm.
The site has been earmarked by West Oxfordshire District Council for housing.
Taylor Wimpey strategic planning manager Mike Fenton said: “We believe it is crucial to give members of the local community the opportunity to get involved and have their say on development plans for their area and this is why we are inviting them to come and find out more about our emerging scheme for this site at Woodstock Road.
“We are confident that this scheme will provide an attractive and sustainable development of much-needed housing.”
Project staff will be on hand to talk to residents at the exhibition. Visit taylorwimpey.co.uk/witney.
At the same time another exhibition will be held in Chipping Norton Town Hall on plans for homes on farmland between Walterbush Road, close to the town’s football ground, and the A361 Burford Road.
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes