HEDGES in Minster Lovell were set on fire by picnickers using a disposable barbecue.
Fire officers were called out to the ruins at Minster Lovell after 3pm.
A spokeswoman for the Fire and Rescue service said: “We were called at 3.36pm to the car park of the ruins at Minster Lovell.
“There was a small fire involving a disposal bbq and some length of hedgerow.”
The fire was distinguished and no-one was hurt in the incident.
- Our top stories:
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website
- Council planning new PSPO to tackle illegal boaters in Oxford