OXFORD City ended the regular season with an entertaining 3-3 draw at Bath City as they set up a play-off eliminator against Eastbourne Borough.

Joe Iaciofano, Jacob Bancroft and Zac McEachran were on target as the visitors fought back from 1-0 down to lead 3-1, only for their opponents to score twice and share the spoils.

City end the season fifth in Vanarama National League South and will face sixth-placed Eastbourne in Wednesday’s eliminator tie at Court Place Farm, with the winners going to Dorking Wanderers for the semi-final on Saturday.

READ MORE: Oxford City beat St Albans to secure back-to-back wins

Ross Jenkins’ side were looking to take a four-match unbeaten run into the play-offs, but quickly found themselves on the back foot.

With less than two minutes on the clock, Bath moved the ball out to Alex Fletcher on the right wing and the former Plymouth Argyle man beat Ben Dudzinski.

City recovered to take control and almost equalised midway through the half when Bancroft flicked a header off the top of the crossbar.

They restored parity after 25 minutes with a well-worked goal.

McEachran produced a neat piece of skill and played the ball out to George Harmon on the left wing.

His cross found the run of top-scorer Iaciofano, who touched the ball past former Oxford United goalkeeper Ryan Clarke to bag his 21st league goal of the season – and his fourth in four games.

Josh Ashby almost added to his highlights reel when his dipping 25-yard effort flew just over, before City took the lead with three minutes left of the first half.

Ewan Clark showed quick feet to leave Zak Delaney trailing in his wake and he cut a cross back to Bancroft, who made no mistake.

Bath’s Dan Ball almost made it 2-2 after the break when he headed against the crossbar, but it was City who struck next just before the hour mark.

McEachran showed his class again to score in consecutive games, taking the ball down on the edge of the penalty area before firing past Clarke.

City appeared on course for three points, only for Bath to halve the deficit four minutes later.

Fletcher beat Dudzinski for the second time, diving to head home a cross and give the hosts hope.

Clarke then stopped near-namesake Clark from making it 4-2 with a good low save and Bath soon levelled, Tom Richards nodding Joe Raynes’ cross into the net.

There was to be no late winner as a thrilling game ended 3-3, with City’s focus now firmly on Wednesday’s clash with Eastbourne.

Dartford host Chippenham Town in the other eliminator match on Thursday.


Oxford Mail:

Oxford Mail: