OXFORD City completed a perfect Bank Holiday weekend as they beat St Albans City to claim their second win in 48 hours.

Zac McEachran and Ewan Clark scored fine solo efforts in each half, the latter goal coming minutes after Joe Iaciofano found the net against his former club.

Johnny Goddard earlier equalised for St Albans as the two sides served up an entertaining contest in front of a four-figure crowd for City’s final home game of the regular season.

The result means they cannot finish lower than fifth in Vanarama National League South, guaranteeing a home tie in next week’s play-off eliminator.

City head coach Ross Jenkins made four changes to the side that started against Concord Rangers 48 hours earlier.

Clark and George Harmon came in as the two wing backs, while McEachran began in midfield and Elliot Benyon returned up front. Harry Kyprianou, Lewis Coyle, Nana Owusu and Jacob Bancroft made way.

Harmon had a couple of early chances as he raced onto Benyon’s flick and saw an effort deflected behind, before the resulting corner was headed his way on the edge of the penalty area and he lashed over.

St Albans sent in a few sighters of their own, before McEachran fired City ahead with a brilliant solo goal.

The midfielder took possession just inside his own half and turned to see the space open up in front of him. He drove towards the penalty area and moved the ball onto his right foot to shoot low into the net.

City were in the ascendancy, but St Albans hit back 11 minutes later through another excellent effort.

Shaun Jeffers’ shot was blocked out to Goddard on the edge of the box and the winger curled over Ben Dudzinski and into the top corner.

The same player almost scored again moments later when the goalkeeper saved with his feet at the near post, before Clark cut in to curl just wide at the other end.

It was an even contest and Joe Iaciofano saw a goal ruled out for offside just after the half-hour mark, having taken Clark’s through ball and chipped Michael Johnson.

Dudzinski then made a brilliant save to thwart Joe Neal, the City goalkeeper flying to his left to tip the forward’s fierce effort around the post.

The hosts started the second half stronger and Benyon fired an early snapshot towards goal, but there were enough yellow shirts in the way to block the ball.

His strike partner was the next City player to go close as Iaciofano raced onto Josh Ashby’s through ball. The hosts’ top-scorer was forced slightly wider than he would have liked and tried to beat Johnson at his near post, with the goalkeeper tipping behind.

St Albans were very much in the game and should have taken the lead moments later, with Charlie Rowan racing back to clear off the line after Goddard poked the ball past Dudzinski.

The contest was in the balance – until City took control with two goals in four minutes.

The first was crafted beautifully, as Harmon volleyed Ashby’s floated pass to the far post where Iaciofano arrived and fired high into the net.

City were back in front and soon they had breathing space, too, thanks to Clark’s second senior goal. The youngster showed great feet to cut inside and create space for himself, before shooting inside Johnson’s near post.

Jeffers lashed an effort just wide in reply, but the hosts were otherwise comfortable in the closing stages as they saw out victory.

Oxford City (3-5-2): Dudzinski, Asare, Carroll, Rowan, Clark (Owusu 84), Ashby, Fleet, McEachran (Coyle 86), Harmon, Benyon, Iaciofano (Bancroft 90).

Unused subs: Matsuzaka, Dasilva.

Booked: Carroll, Rowan.

St Albans City (3-5-2): Johnson, Clark, Mukena, Adebiyi, Neal, Wiltshire (Noble 68), Dawson (Banton 68), Weiss, Lankshear (Sole 68), Goddard, Jeffers.

Unused subs: Bender, Brown.

Booked: Neal, Goddard.

Attendance: 1,007.