A MAN who was at the scene of an alleged murder has described in court the efforts he made to try and save his dying friend’s life.

Robin Over - known as ‘Rover’ - lived with Darren MacCormick in Mendip Heights, Didcot, at the time of the alleged knife attack.

Today, as the trial into the stabbing of Mr MacCormick continued Mr Rover told jurors what he saw in the early hours of January 9 this year.

READ AGAIN: The opening of the trial earlier this week.

Isaac Boyland, 20, of Marlborough Road, Oxford, Brookton Lagan, 19, of Robin Way, Didcot, and Taison Cyrille, also 19, of Market End Way, Bicester, all deny murdering Darren MacCormick.

They also deny wounding Matthew Ryman and Floyd Kennedy, and Boyland and Cyrille further deny conspiracy to supply cocaine, which Lagan has admitted.

As their trial at Oxford Crown Court continued today Mr Over - who was at Mendip Heights when the alleged attack happened - described what he saw in the early hours.

He said the four of them - including Mr MacCormick, Mr Ryman and Mr Kennedy - had planned to drive to Tesco and Mr Over was in a car with Mr Kennedy when the alleged violence broke out.

He told jurors: “There was a sudden noise and commotion to the side of the car.

“I heard people running and I heard raised voices, running past the left hand side of the car.

“The next thing that happened, there was commotion at the back of the vehicle.

“I became very confused then and I did have trouble piecing together the next minute or so.

“I went into a bit of a panic.”

READ AGAIN: The first witness goes to the witness box on Tuesday.

He said that Mr Kennedy then ‘jumped out’ to join the other two men, who were outside.

Mr Over said the man then got back into the car and he could see there was ‘blood along the back of his head.’

He said: “I dropped my head down under the window height and tried to get into the footwell.

“[Mr Kennedy] got back into the car and he was screaming ‘lock the doors, lock the doors.’

“He was shouting ‘I’m hit, ‘I’m hit,’ he was saying ‘lock the f***ing doors, lock the f***ing doors, I’m hit, I’m hit.’”

Mr Over said that not long after he saw ‘a black face with a dark top running past the car’ before seeing ‘another couple of silhouettes’ running down the hill, before he got out of the car.

He said: “I thought to myself my friends were in trouble, I knew Floyd was bleeding so I thought I am going to have to get out and face what’s going on and help them, even if that meant I am going to get attacked as well.”

Mr Over said he then saw one of the other alleged victims - Matthew Ryman - who said he had been stabbed in the leg.

It was then that he saw Mr MacCormick lying in front of their house.

He said the emergency services were called and he was asked to turn him on to his back, which he did, and to perform chest compressions.

He said that Mr MacCormick was breathing before he rolled him but after that he stopped breathing.

Asked if Mr MacCormick responded to any of the intervention he gave him he said ‘no.’

He said he carried on 'pumping on his chest' until police and paramedics arrived on the scene.

Mr MacCormick was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford but at at 4.56am he was declared dead.

The three men deny the charges and the trial continues.