A MAN who claims he was raped and sexually abused as a boy has been accused of making his story up.

The trial continued at Oxford Crown Court today for 42-year-old Sabir Hussain, who denies one count of rape and 13 counts of indecent assault.

The alleged victim, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, claims the abuse happened over several years in the 1990s when he was aged between 11 and 16.

He told jurors yesterday that Hussain, of Nye Bevan Close in Oxford, 'made my skin crawl'.

ALSO READ: More from the trial opening

He claimed he did not speak out when he was younger as he 'didn't have the courage'.

During cross-examination today, Hussain's defence barrister Martin Khoshdel said: "I suggest none of the assaults you allege against him ever occurred.

"You are making all of this up."

In response, the alleged victim tearfully said: "That's a lie.

"I'm putting my heart on the line - this guy has ruined my life, do you understand? He ruined it.

“I didn't deserve this. Who deserves that?"

He told jurors Hussain raped him at a property in St Mary's Road, East Oxford, when he was about 14 years old.

He alleged that Hussain tied him down in the attic bedroom, which he recalled might have been with some sort of headscarf fabric, before raping him.

The man, who was hidden behind a screen during his evidence, added: "It was excruciating.

"He made it look like it was some sort of joke, but it wasn't.

"His hand was over my mouth."

He said at another time Hussain kissed him while they were showering outside beneath a hose pipe, with no clothes on.

Defending, Mr Khoshdel said: "I suggest to you that there was no hose pipe at that property."

The alleged victim denied this and said there was.

ALSO READ: Police want to speak to person who drove car that crashed into tree

On another occasion, he said Hussain had masturbated while he was in the room and that someone walked in on them.

He said later in life he suffered from depression and even attempted suicide.

The man added that he felt he had been 'set free' when Hussain moved to Pakistan and the alleged abuse stopped.

Earlier in the trial, jurors heard of other claims including that the defendant had 'pinned' him against a wall in an alleyway and performed a sex act on him, and that he made him take a bath with him.

The court heard how the alleged victim went to police in 2017 to file a report.

He said providing the level of detail police required during interview was 'like living it again'.

Hussain denies the allegations against him and the trial continues.