BANBURY kept in touch at the top of the table when beating Stratford-upon-Avon 35-5 at home.

Bulls got off to the perfect start in the South West 1 East, Ed Phillips converting his own try.

It was soon 14-0 as Dan Brady crossed, Phillips adding the extras.

It was the final score of the first half as Banbury resisted periods of pressure.

Nick Pratt extended Bulls’ lead, before they secured the four-try bonus point when Sam Stoop crossed, Phillips converting both, to make it 28-0.

Pratt smashed his way over for his second try, Phillips adding the extras again.

Stratford scored a consolation try in added time, Tom Hall crossing, but Banbury had already won.

Hooker Chris Davies proved the unlikely hero as his late penalty earned Oxford Harlequins a thrilling 22-19 win at Marlow.

The visitors had to fight back after trailing 19-5 after 44 minutes.

A Jordan Stuart try, converted by Conor Fulton, who had earlier kicked two penalties, put Marlow 13-0 ahead.

Quins hit back when Charlie Craig sped over.

Fulton kicked penalties either side of half-time to stretch Marlow’s advantage, but Quins refused to give in.

Kieran De Lange sped over, before Fotu Latu stormed across from 30 metres, Huw Dimond converting both, to make it 19-19.

Quins then dramatically won the game with three minutes to go as Davies calmly drop-kicked a penalty from 20 metres.

Witney edged Wimborne 12-10 at home.

Ryan Maidment missed a drop goal and a penalty for the visitors.

But they led 7-0 at the break when Miles Corbin went over, Max Tipping converting.

Witney were awarded a penalty try in the second half.

A Tipping drop-goal put Wimborne 10-7 in front.

But Witney’s Rhys Morgan streaked over from 40 metres for an unconverted try just before the hour, which proved enough to earn the victory.

Two James Monks penalties earned Grove a 6-0 home win over Royal Wootton Bassett.

Bicester fell to a sixth-straight defeat when losing 16-12 to Swindon.

A Dan Spencer penalty put the hosts ahead, but Swindon made it 7-3 when Wayne Lower went over, Adam Westall converting.

The visitors lost Ashley Taylor and Harry Pollock to the sin-bin, and Bicester led 9-7 at the break, thanks to two Spencer penalties.

Westall and Spencer traded penalties, before the former was on target again to make it 13-12 to Swindon.

Westall then slotted a penalty with 15 minutes to go as Bicester were narrowly beaten.