CHINNOR scored five tries as they maintained their strong start to the National League 2 South season with a 31-21 victory away to lowly Broadstreet.

After resisting strong home pressure, Kieran Goss and Orisi Nawaqaliva scored first half-tries for Chinnor, both converted by Jonny Bentley.

In between, Broadstreet were awarded a penalty try, converted by Cliff Hodgson, following an incident which saw Goss sent to the sinbin.

Trailing 14-7 at the break, the hosts drew level with George Walsh’s try converted by Hodgson.

But scores from Greg Goodfellow and Rory Mason. plus a conversion from Bentley, put Chinnor 26-14 ahead.

Broadstreet were awarded another penalty try but Ben Turner sealed victory with a try in the final minute to strengthen their hold on second spot.

Henley Hawks marked Dave Clements’s 200th first-team game for the club with a 55-26 victory away to struggling Wimbledon.

Although Hawks had wrapped up the bonus point in the first 19 minutes, they had some anxious moments before pulling away for a nine-try success.

The visitors raced into 17-0 lead and led 31-14 at the break thanks to tries from Jack Albon, Alan Awcock, Dave Hyde, Keith Portland and Brad Cook, plus three conversions from George Jackson.

However, some strong driving tactics brought the hosts to within touching distance at 31-26 midway through the second half.

Realising the danger, Hawks upped their game and raced away with further tries from Awcock, George Primett, Matt Tibbatts and Jackson, who added two more conversions.

Wallingford were unable to make it three wins in a row as they lost 29-8 at High Wycombe in Southern Counties North.

The defeat leaves the south Oxfordshire side fourth from bottom.

Wallingford sit two places above Gosford All Blacks, who are still searching for their first win of the season after a 33-10 loss to Reading Abbey.

Ben Symington scored two tries as Littlemore won 29-10 at Didcot in the Berks, Bucks & Oxon Premier Division.

Tries by Symington and Stewart Beale, who landed one conversion, put the visitors 12-5 up at half-time, the hosts; sole response coming from a try by Josh Witts.

With the elements in their favour during the second half, Littlemore added tries through Symington, Aaron Ward and Jason Chambers with Beale converting one.

Gareth Jones went over for Didcot, who battled to the end.

Wheatley claimed two bonus points in a 31-29 defeat at Milton Keynes.

The hosts opened the scoring, when Vincent Clarke crossed for an unconverted try.

Wheatley responded, thanks to an Aaron Laman penalty, and then led 10-5 as Dan Rule crossed. Laman added the extras.

However, Milton Keynes hit back to make it 17-10 at half-time.

Arther Hurren and Gavin Whitehead went over, with Scott Aspinel converting the latter.

But Wheatley’s response after the break was impressive and they raced into a 29-17 lead.

James Neal, Joe Taylor and Jack Taylor crossed, with Laman converting twice.

However, the home side hit back, Troy Perry going over for a converted score, before they were awarded a penalty try with seven minutes to go after Wheatley’s forwards were adjudged to have been offside.

Aspinel converted to make it 31-29 and it proved enough despite Wheatley’s best efforts late on.

Will Boyes scored two tries on his return from university, as Oxford trounced visitors Phoenix 48-15 in the BB&O Championship.

The hosts dominated up front and secured the bonus-point fourth try in the first half-hour.

Half-backs Danny Williams and new recruit fly half Dan Spencer were able to dictate the play behind the solid platform.

Centre Thom Murton was the primary recipient of several well-timed passes, scoring one try and setting up Phil Gleeson and Myles Everrett for one each, in addition to landing four conversions.

Further tries came from Craig Boyce, captain Josh Jelfs and Williams, who took an audacious quick tap penalty and touched down from five yards.