OXFORD City Stars got back to winning ways with a thumping 14-0 victory over Haringey Huskies.

After suffering a first home defeat at the hands of main rivals Bracknell Hornets the previous week, Kenny Redmond’s team bounced back in style in their English National League South Division 2 clash.

It’s the sixth time this season that Stars have rattled up double-figure scores and they still head the table.

Redmond said: “It was good to get a strong reaction from the boys and get back to winning ways immediately.

“The game gave us an opportunity to give some of the younger players more ice time.

“They played well and the experience was invaluable for them, which was a big positive on top of the win.

“With the injuries we have other players have been given an opportunity and stepped up.

“It shows how important it is to have strength in depth.

“We are focused on taking it one game at a time and ensuring we stay in the mix.”

After a slow start, Stars got in their stride and led 5-0 at the end of the first period.

Kamil Kinkor broke the deadlock in the fourth minute and further scores followed from Josh Florey, Theo Bundock (his first for Stars), Josh Oliver and Mike Whillock.

The second period was a quieter one for Stars with 19 shots, but only two goals.

Josh Florey beat Lynch Grut who had replaced David Wride in the Huskies goal at the end of the first period.

Their other score came in the last minute of the session, an unassisted effort by Conor Redmond, who made it 7-0.

Stars really went to town in the third period, doubling their score.

Kinkor got the scoreboard moving with his second goal, and this was followed by Redmond and Whillock also doubling their tallies.

Shortly afterwards, the home fans had more reason to celebrate, Josh Florey completing his hat-trick.

A couple of minutes later Jake Florey was thrown into the sin-bin for slashing.

The visitors might have fancied scoring a consolation goal, but despite several chances, it was not to be their night.

Joe Edwards got himself on the scoresheet with two goals in a minute to make the score an unlucky13-0 for the visitors.

There were now less than six minutes left, but Stars had not finished their destruction.

Kinkor passed the puck to Bundock, who completed the scoring with his second strike.

Despite further attempts they could not find the net again.

Kenny Redmond will be hoping that his team can carry on their high-scoring form away to struggling Swindon Wildcats 2nd this Saturday.