FULL back Alex Woodhouse scored all Chinnor’s points as they won the Oxfordshire Cup for a third successive year with a 13-10 victory over Henley Hawks.

Chinnor’s victory was more emphatic than the scoreline suggests, with Henley scoring a converted try from the final play.

Although both clubs fielded second teams, the standard of rugby was impressive, with Chinnor’s excellent defence ultimately proving the difference.

Woodhouse, who grabbed an excellent solo try, was named man-of-the-match, while centre Trevor Powell, lock Sam Blewitt, flanker Max Williams and No 8 Ed Rixon all shone in a great team effort.

It was fitting that Hawks full back Jack Adamson bagged their late consolation try after a great game, ably supported by centres Simon Perry and Dylan Teasdale.

Chinnor got off to a flier when Woodhouse dummied his way through for a great individual try on two minutes and converted it.

It was blood and thunder stuff, with Henley pulling three points back via a penalty from fly half Adam Lubbock.

Lubbock missed a long-range effort just afterwards, while Chinnor’s off-loading game was working well.

More dynamic interplay led to Woodhouse slotting a penalty on 28 minutes.

Woodhouse saw another penalty drift wide after he himself had been the victim of a high tackle.

It was 10-3 to Chinnor at the break, which was a fair reflection of the play, although Henley had looked dangerous at times, especially through Adamson’s running.

Hawks brought on Oxford Blue Gavin Turner for the second half, but he only lasted ten minutes before going off injured.

Chinnor centre Trevor Powell almost set up a chance for wing Harry Hillier.

Henley’s backs had seemed their more threatening suit, but their forwards came close to driving over on 55 minutes before knocking on.

Four minutes later, Woodhouse’s second penalty put daylight between the two sides.

He was narrowly wide with another three-pointer 11 minutes later, but Chinnor maintained the momentum.

Henley had replacement Rory Paxton sin-binned just two minutes after coming on, but kept looking to run the ball.

Chinnor flanker Ed Vickers spilt the ball as he tried to force his way through three minutes from time.

Henley finally opened up the Chinnor defence in the last minute, with flanker Tom Huggins making the initial break.

Adamson was supporting well and showed pace and skill to finish under the posts, Lubbock converting on the final whistle.

Chinnor: Woodhouse, Hillier, Green (Angell 79), Powell, Corpe, Hopwood, Newman, Stock, Cawston, Ludgate, Blewitt, Hutchings (Fenwick 69), Vickers, Williams, Rixon (capt). Reps not used: Matthews, Hackshaw, Lavin.

Henley: Adamson, Knight, Perry, Teasdale, Wright (Turner 41, Eaton 50), Lubbock, Gordon, Fuller (Gibson 72), Church, Bigley, Thomas (capt), Nixon (Middleton 62), Wells (Paxton 72), Huggins, Ashmore.

Referee: R Harding (Devon).

Man-of-the-match: Woodhouse.