Abingdon Tn 9 (Hodgkins 5, 10, 60, Thomas 12, 25, Reid 20, Howard 43, Harriott 77, Green 81)

Pegasus Juniors 1 (Clark 75)

STRIKER Niall Hodgkins hit a hat-trick in a dream debut as Abingdon Town went goal crazy to thrash bogey side Pegasus Juniors in the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division.

Hodgkins headed Town into the lead after five minutes from Louis George’s flick on, before making it 2-0 minutes later with a stunning drive.

Danny Thomas then sidefooted home from David Champ’s cross before Jordan Reid made it 4-0 with a fantastic shot on the half volley into the top corner from 25 yards.

Thomas was next on the scoresheet and Jake Howard made it 6-0 with a neat finish just before the break.

Hodgkins completed his hat-trick with a swerving shot in the second half.

Pegasus had the chance to pull one back when they were awarded a penalty, given for a trip by George.

But keeper Gareth Walker save Chris Mortlock’s spot-kick, before scrambling back across goal to push away the follow up.

Mortlock did score two minutes later, but Jefferson Harriott made it 8-1 with a blistering shot.

It was left to substitute Ben Green to seal victory when he rounded the Pegasus keeper.

Ardley Utd 5 (Bone 2, 21, 32, Bryan 39, Nicholl 48)

Carterton 0

DANNY Bone hit a first-half hat-trick to set Ardley United on the way to victory against Carterton.

Ardley opened their account in the second minute when Jordan Ayris’s low cross was turned into the net by Bone.

The same duo repeated the feat with Bone this time firing into the roof of the net.

And Bone completed his hat-trick when he latched on to Murray Nicholls’ defence-splitting pass to shoot past James Domm.

Things got worse for Carterton when Troy Bryan outpaced the defence and put Ardley 4-0 up at the break.

Ardley’s fifth goal came soon after the restart with Bone setting up Nicholls to score.

Witney Utd 3 (McKeon 61, 71, 88)

Flackwell Heath 2 (Thompson 65, Jordan 83)

Sean McKeon’s second half hat-trick gave Witney United their first win of the season as they overcame Flackwell Heath.

It wasn’t until after the break that the game to life with Witney missing a great chance to take the lead when Lee Stevens had a penalty easily saved by Sam Southerden after McKeon was pulled down by Paul Shone.

However, United, who gave Dwayne Whylly and Carl Evans debuts, took the lead after 64 minutes when McKeon lobbed Southerden.

But Witney’s lead lasted less than a minute as Lee Thompson ran on to a long ball and slotted past Whylly.

United were awarded a second penalty when Lewis Colwell was brought down by Jamie Tripp.

McKeon’s spot-kick was saved by Southerden, but he big striker reacted quickest to blast home the rebound.

Danny Jordon then headed home Adam Durrent’s corner to make it all square.

United were not to be denied though and with two minutes McKeon set off on a mazy run before cutting inside to slot home the winner.

Wantage Tn 1 (Cattell 42)

Thame Utd 0

Stuart Cattell headed home Tom Butler’s corner for Wantage Town’s winner against Thame United.

It appeared that his effort had been cleared off the line, but the assistant referee indicated the ball had crossed the line, and a goal was given.