CHINNOR moved up to third in the table after a brilliant display to beat Taunton Titans 22-5 at home.

The victory also ended a run of three winless matches at Kingsey Road as Chinnor successfully navigated tough opposition and Storm Arwen to put their recent home woes behind them.

With the wind in their favour in the first half, Chinnor built up a 17 point lead, which proved to be enough as they went on to secure the four-try bonus point and produce a solid defensive effort to withstand Titans pressure.

Chinnor took the lead after just four minutes when Fred Tuilagi forced his way over after an impressive driving lineout.

The lead was doubled in the 20th minute, in virtually the same fashion.

Chinnor drove forward for another lineout and Caolan Ryan squeezed over in the corner to make the score 10-0.

The hosts enjoyed the majority of possession and territory but were unable to further add to their lead until the brink of half-time when Will Millett dotted down following sustained pressure.

In the second half, the wind howled across the pitch towards the clubhouse and into the corner Chinnor were defending.

However, they were able to extend their lead to 22 unanswered points on 43 minutes when James Bourton dived over to secure the bonus point.

Taunton responded immediately when Charlie Wright drove across following a lineout.

Chinnor then dug in to keep out the visitors despite seeing Willie Ryan sin-binned late on.

The win moved Chinnor to within nine points of new National League 1 leaders, Rosslyn Park.

Henley Hawks won 33-22 against Dings Crusaders in National 2 South to move up to fifth.

A try after just two minutes from Rory Mason saw Henley take a 5-0 lead, yet the away side got a try of their own four minutes later through Harry Rowson.

Tom Emery dotted down with Cail Cookland converting on 18 minutes, before Monty Bradbury went over five minutes later for his first try for Henley, and a conversion making it 19-5.

Reuben Norville dotted down under the sticks and Alex Bradley stormed through to give Henley a 33-5 lead at the break.

The second half saw the visitors claw back with a break from Tom Wilstead, then Tom Anderson dotted down and Rowson crossed in the corner.

In South West 1 East, Oxford Harlequins beat Beaconsfield 19-5, Banbury won 69-12 at Sherborne and Witney won 19-14 away to Frome. Grove lost 43-22 at home to Chippenham.

In Southern Counties North, Gosford All Blacks played out a 38-38 draw with Milton Keynes, while Bicester lost 21-12 at Aylesbury and Wallingford lost 34-7 at home to Stow-on-the-Wold.