KARL Robinson was at a loss to explain how MK Dons goalkeeper Andrew Fisher was not sent off against Oxford United.

The home stopper was the only man between Dan Agyei and an empty net when he brought down the U's striker on the edge of the penalty area after 85 minutes, but only received a booking from referee James Oldham.

United were 1-0 down at the time thanks to Andrew Surman's 13th-minute strike, but Elliot Lee's header seven minutes into stoppage-time salvaged a draw.

Read the match report here

Robinson could not believe Oldham decided not to dismiss Fisher - having only seen the incident properly after the final whistle.

The U's head coach said: "The MK Dons bench were saying the ball went 20 to 30 yards away from Dan.

"It went a maximum of five, with nobody else around him.

"I don’t understand how he bottled it.

"The referee bottled the decision.

"You can fine managers for saying the wrong things, but it’s the truth.

"You are paid to get your job right, to show a level of understanding for the rules and to control two teams in the correct manner.

"He’s a really nice human being, comes across really well, is really athletic and gets around the pitch, but the decision was a million miles off being right.”

Anthony Forde hit the post shortly after the incident as United looked set to suffer a second 1-0 defeat in four days.

But Lee, getting on the end of Agyei's header into the six-yard box, secured a valuable draw to ensure the U's only fell one place to ninth in Sky Bet League One.

The gap to the play-off places has been cut from five points to four and Robinson felt it was the least his side deserved.

He said: “I turned round to Matty Taylor and said 'when this whistle goes, get on the pitch and get everyone’s heads up'.

"We’ve played well and didn’t deserve to come away with nothing.

"When I went into the dressing room and spoke to them it wasn’t me changing my mindset.

"We’re happy with that performance."

Robinson also confirmed Sam Winnall had suffered an ankle injury just six minutes after coming on as a substitute, but said it was too early to assess the severity of the damage.