OXFORD City and Banbury United struck dramatic late winners to book their places in tonight’s Emirates FA Cup first round draw.

Louis Hall’s 88th-minute volley saw City win 3-2 at Vanarama National League side Weymouth, who had come from 2-0 down.

It secured City’s spot in the first round for the fourth season running.

Banbury have not reached this far for 47 years, but they needed two goals in the final ten minutes to come from behind and run out 2-1 winners against Bury Town.

A tense finish did not look on the cards at Weymouth, where City’s superb start to the season continued.

James Roberts had already had a goal disallowed before he netted for the sixth time in four games.

This time it was from the penalty spot, after Zac McEachran had been fouled in the 12th minute.

Within two minutes it was 2-0.

City forced an error from on-loan Southampton goalkeeper Jack Bycroft, who gifted Josh Ashby a simple chance to grab his fourth goal of the season.

Weymouth were rocking and only a vital block denied Ashby a quick third.

But eventually the hosts got back into the game and pulled a goal back just before the hour mark.

It came via a slice of fortune, with Ollie Harfield’s cross being turned into his own net by Stevenage loanee Luis Fernandez.

Roberts hit the post as City looked to restore their two-goal advantage, but instead conceded again within seconds.

Andy Robinson finished off a quick counter-attack to leave the tie in the balance.

Both sides had chances to win the game, but Hall grabbed the crucial strike from Roberts’ cross to see City through.

Banbury were favourites to progress at home in their game, but underdogs Bury opened the scoring midway through the half via a strike from Ollie Hughes.

Henry Landers hit the post as the Puritans looked for a rapid response.

Despite plenty of pressure from the home side, the lead lasted until the 80th minute.

It took a moment of magic to finally break through, provided by Jack Self.

The midfielder had been left out of the starting line-up by Andy Whing but an injury to Jack Finch had seen him come on in the fourth minute.

Self’s volley from the edge of the box levelled the scores and within three minutes the sell-out crowd was cheering a winner.

Landers got it with another effort from the edge of the penalty area to send the Puritans through for a rare appearance in the first round.