MIDE Shodipo scored a stunning goal within two minutes of making his debut to seal Oxford United’s first home win of the Sky Bet League One season.

The deadline day signing from QPR whipped an unstoppable shot in off the far post from the edge of the box with virtually his first touch for the club.

He was the second substitute to make a rapid impact, after Sam Long made it 2-1 by heading home Anthony Forde’s superb free-kick having replaced the injured Rob Atkinson.

It restored a lead which had initially been given to the home side by Matty Taylor after just six minutes.

Cameron Jerome quickly cancelled it out before United’s second-half fightback.

Although Ben Gladwin struck in second-half stoppage-time, United had done enough to claim the win they needed to climb off the foot of the table.

Robinson made three changes to the XI from Saturday’s defeat at Peterborough United.

Atkinson replaced Long at centre half, Alex Gorrin came into midfield at the expense of Liam Kelly, while Marcus McGuane was deployed on the left flank instead of Dan Agyei.

A hamstring problem for Sam Winnall saw Joel Cooper rushed on to the bench hours after playing 90 minutes for the club’s under 21 side.

The Dons set their stall out in the opening minute, confidently stringing together passes around their own box.

But when United got the ball, they were the first to do something purposeful.

Atkinson strode forward in the sixth minute and slipped in McGuane. James Henry was offside when the Nottingham Forest loanee crossed, but the ball came for Taylor to convert his 20th goal for the club.

While it was just what the doctor ordered for the home side, they led for only five minutes.

Dons moved the ball well again and no-one tracked Daniel Harvie’s run in the left channel. The offside flag stayed down and he centred to give veteran front man Jerome a simple finish from close range.

The visitors almost came up with a carbon copy on the quarter-hour mark, but after getting the wrong side of Gorrin, Fraser’s cross was just out of reach for Carlton Morris.

Dons were calling most of the shots and midway through the half Regan Poole’s cross was nodded wide by Jerome.

United were not used to a side dominating the ball, especially at the Kassam Stadium, but they came back into the game before the break.

Anthony Forde had a 30-yard free-kick tipped over the crossbar by Lee Nicholls, who was happy to take risks when Dons had the ball.

At times he left his penalty area and occupied the right back spot as Russell Martin’s side looked to build from the back.

United almost cashed in a couple of times, but on one occasion Jordan Houghton hauled down Mark Sykes to collect a booking.

The lively midfielder set up a counter late in the half, where Dean Lewington made a vital block to keep out Henry’s cross-shot.

United were forced into a change nine minutes into the second half, when Atkinson limped off.

Dons appeared to lose their focus in the break for the treatment, with United suddenly on top when play restarted.

After a couple of half chances, they took the lead when Forde’s free-kick from wide on the right was headed in by Long.

McGuane fired wide before Sykes had a shot cleared off the line as the hosts’ strong spell continued.

The game became increasingly ragged and bad tempered as the half wore on.

United’s bench were convinced Clare had been struck in the back of the head off the ball, but the officials missed it.

Dan Agyei missed a glorious chance to make the game safe, delaying over an open goal to allow George Williams to clear.

But within a minute Shodipo netted a stunning strike - his first in professional football - to give United breathing space which was needed, with Gladwin pulling a goal back in the 92nd minute.

Oxford Utd (4-3-3): Eastwood, Clare, Moore, Atkinson (Long 54), Ruffels, Gorrin, Forde (Agyei 77), Sykes, Henry, Taylor (Shodipo 86), McGuane.

Unused subs: Stevens, Kelly, Cooper, Hall.

Booked: Henry.

MK Dons (3-5-2): Nicholls, Williams, Lewington, Cargill, Poole, Fraser, Houghton, Kasumu (Thompson 67), Harvie (Gladwin 82), Morris, Jerome (Mason 67).

Unused subs: L Walker, S Walker, Keogh, Sorinola.

Booked: Kasumu, Houghton, Lewington.

Referee: Kevin Johnson (Somerset)