OXENFORD retained the Airey Cup which they won in 2019 as the OCA League season came to a thrilling end on Saturday.

The holders edged out a strong Garsington & Cowley side by the narrowest of margins as they held their nerve in the final over to secure the trophy with a one-run victory.

Oxenford batted first, but were kept in check by a tight bowling and fielding display from their opponents.

The total of 181-6 from their 40 overs appeared to be slightly below par, and Oxenford were thankful to three good knocks from Roshan Gedera (37), Malitha Ratnaweere (35) and Div Puri (28) to get them up to a competitive score.

The wickets were shared around by Garsington’s bowlers, with Zarwali Ahmadzai the pick of the attack with 2-16, while Khurshid Khan, Bilal Khan, Majid Khan and Uzair Ahmed were also among the wickets.

Chasing 182 to win the cup, Garsington were soon in big trouble at 33-4 as openers Mateen Junaid and Uzair Ahmed both fell cheaply, followed by Usman Younis and Ace Hussain for ducks.

But this was followed by a fine 65-run partnership for the fifth wicket between Muaz Ahmed (67) and Amin Rafiq (47) which got Garsington back on track.

Rafiq was run out, as was Younis, and Garsington found themselves again staring down the barrel of defeat.

It came down to the final over, bowled by captain Tom Partridge, and with four needed from the last ball, Garsington managed just two, meaning Oxenford edged a one-run win in the most thrilling of circumstances to retain the cup.

Tetsworth 2nd cruised to victory to win the Telegraph Cup final with a crushing 149-run victory over Witney Swifts 2nd.

Oxford Mail:

Batting first, Tetsworth racked up a formidable 284-8 in their 40 overs.

They were led by Clifford Jacobs, who smashed 73, while Ryan Moseley added 59 and Richard Williams 48.

There were some eye-watering bowling figures for their opponents, with Ben Horne taking 3-60 and Shad Khan 3-77 from eight overs each.

Swifts were never in the hunt in their reply, with only Charlie Scott-Kerr (32) really getting going.

In the end, Aaron Huish (3-17) and Ryan Moseley (3-22) turned the screw as Swifts were shot out for just 135, meaning Tetsworth lifted the impressive silverware.

Stonesfield 2nd lifted the Osberton Radiators Cup in style to complete an unbeaten season with a crushing eight-wicket victory over Chipping Norton 2nd.

After winning the toss, Chipping Norton were in trouble at 16-2, but after several dropped catches, Banaras Ali (43) and Riasat Ali (51) put on 98 for the third wicket.

Stonesfield fought back and restricted Chippy to a below par total of 171-8, Dave Skidmore’s eight overs of leg spin yielding 3-28.

Stonesfield openers Mark Hatton and Ben Hayes put on 52, and when No 3 Stewart Moss was caught at point for eight, Chippy sensed an opportunity.

But led by man-of-the-match Hatton, who hit a brilliant 94 not out with 13 fours and a six, Stonesfield eased to victory in just 27 overs.

East & West Hendred 2nd landed the Steve Dixon Memorial Cup with a 120-run victory over Letcombe.

Hendred opted to bat first and a stand of 51 from openers Liam Richards and Dom McKenna got them off to a good start.

Man-of-the-match McKenna fell agonisingly short of a century when he was run out for 95 in the final over.

Andy Broadbent finished 65 not out as Hendred racked up an impressive 237-3 from their 40 overs.

Letcombe’s reply faltered from the start as Freddie Bower began with four maidens in a row, finishing with 3-6 from six overs.

Peter Beckley also took 2-43 and after 12 overs, Letcombe were well behind at 50-5.

Resistance came from Danny Taylor, who scored 23, but the leg spin of Ethan Barksfield, who finished with 3-10 from 6.1 overs, put paid to any chances of a miraculous recovery as Letcombe were bowled out for just 117, handing Hendred the silverware.